A Snowman's Best Friend!!


Well, it's a rainy yucky day here in SW Ontario.........and I'm off until this evening, so I'm gonna PLAY!! Yippee!! There are so many challenges to do, some many stamps to ink up and not nearly enough time. This workin' thing is really cramping my style!!! BUT, my Mojo was flowin' when I made this card, if I do say so myself!! heehee!!

As you have probably guessed, this is the other Whipper Snapper stamp that I was able to purchase this past weekend and I LOVE it!! It's called A Snowman's Best Friend and it took a while to colour! The challenge on Sherry and Jeanne's blogs this week was to play with a stamp that has never seen ink before, so this one was perfect!! Also it's a start on my Christmas cards, which is Jen's challenge this week!!!

The sketch over at Julee's blog for Mojo Monday #4 was specifically for a bigger image, so this stamp definitely fit that bill.....this is a 6x6 card and look how big that stamp is!!! Not room for much else on the card!!

So I started by stamping the image on watercolour paper using Archival Versafine Black Onyx ink. I used my craft inks and my Aquapainter and this is the first time I've ever used this particular technique. It was much more like painting I think, as the ink is much thicker. I also used my Prismacolour pencils and OMS to do the black parts. Then I added some sparkle on the hat buckle and the jingle bells with my Sakura Stardust gel pen. The cardstock is Bravo Burgundy and the patterned paper is Holly Argyle by Provocraft. One of my other treasures this weekend was a Precious Metal Hardware kit in Pewter by We R Memory Keepers. So I used a couple of pieces on this card. There's a funky photo turn at the top and the round bookplate fits the Riveting stamps which I used here and I attached it with some tan gingham!!

Now like I said, this is my first time using craft inks to colour a project, but I think it turned out okay........practice makes perfect, right???

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just so cute, another awesome Christmas card for somebody to drool over when they get it! Great job Kimmie! nd

michelle sturgeon said...

Awwww....so cute! You are making wonderful cards with these stamps, Kimmie!

Erika H. said...

So adorable...I love that pp, and the image is just so sweet. Great coloring, too!

Sherry Cheever said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Love the card!

Becky G said...

Fabulous card! Don't you just love love Whipper Snapper stamps?

Cindy Vernon said...

This card is so cute! Thanks for visiting my site. I just wanted to let you know that I've added you to my blogroll. But to be honest, I visit your site all the time!

Sarah Green said...

this is so cute I just love frosty!!!

Cards of Maria said...

Love the card!!! Adore the stamp!!!
Thanks for sharing your work
/Maria

Scrapping Donna said...

I love this card! The Whipper Snipper stamps are sooo cute!!

This card is absolutely awesome!!!

Donna

Anonymous said...

Okay, I actually said, "I GOTTA get that stamp" the second this post opened...and then I read that it is a WS...well of course! I am going shopping right NOW...

This is just the cutest darn card. I love the idea of using craft inks to color the image.

Deborah said...

LOVE this card! These stamps are just the cutest! TFS-Deb

Anonymous said...

The snowman and the reindeer are so huggable..you really made them pop..If they look this good on screen imagine in person. Great card Kim.
bela

Janine said...

Another great card and your colouring is superb. Love the stamp too.

Debbie Schneider said...

This is so so cute! I think I am going to have to order this one as well - I love snowmen and this was is very adorable - love the coloring - you did a great job!

Diane said...

Ah Kimmie!!! Super cute!!! I look forward to see your new work everyday!! Your colouring is the best!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love the paper, the colors, and the tag... TFS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Adorable, Kimmie! Love the paper and the gingham ribbon. Makes me crave some sugar cookies! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...