Beate's Challenge!!


Well, I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!! I certainly did! Emileigh made me a beautiful Mother's Day card using purples AND patterned paper(I've taught you well, young grasshopper!!) and she and my husband took me shopping to the stamp store!! I got two packages of Dew Drops, which I haven't tried before so that should be fun AND two new lovely stamps that I can't wait to play with and share!! Then we spent the afternoon at my Mom and Dad's house and had a wonderful barbecue with steak and potato salad and coleslaw and yummy cheesecake for dessert!!

The card I am posting today is one using a Wish-RAK image from my pal, Linda Palmer on SCS. She has sent me some wonderful Whipper Snapper images and you will be seeing several over the next few days!! I'm pretty sure this stamp is a Whipper Snapper too, but I'll have to check with Linda to be sure. Linda is da bomb-diggity...heehee! She knows I can't find these stamps ANYWHERE around here and she keeps sending them to me! Thanks bunches Linda!!! I just love these dogs and animals. Isn't that always the way though? You want to purchase the stamps and products that you can't get your hands on!! It's all about the hunt sometimes, isn't it!!?

AND this card was created using a sketch on Beate's blog! She is giving away some yummy blog candy to celebrate her hits and so she posted a sketch challenge! In order to be in the running for her candy, you had to create a card using her sketch and post a link on her blog. This is my entry and I hope you all like it!!

I think the image was stamped in black Stazon or some type of permanent ink because it didn't bleed or anything and I'm not sure what paper she used, but it has more of a matte finish to it. I coloured it in using my SU markers and shaded around the edges and grounded the image using Sahara Sand. Then I doodled around the frame and matted it on Barely Banana and Bordering Blue. The layer under that is Chocolate Chip and the card base is BB and it is a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card. The patterned paper is some pretty Wild Asparagus paper backed on Close to Cocoa with some white dots made with my white gel pen. The ribbon is American Crafts polka dot and the tag was made with the Word Window Punch using the 'woof' from Pink Cat Studio. I pop dotted the main image and added some Prima flowers with white brads. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out and I just LOVE this panting, slobbering little doggie!! I just wanna give him a big hug!!

10 comments:

Rochelle W said...

OMG!! How cute is this. You did a great job on the Challenge.

Melanie said...

What a cute card. I love the soft colors you used.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What a great card -- from start to finish!

michelle sturgeon said...

What an adorable puppy card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Kimmie. I love the image, the colors, the doodled border. Fun and happy!!! Thanks for participating in the challenge!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable. I love the colors you used, and that image just makes me smile!

Linda Palmer said...

It is a Whipper Snapper stamp called Slobbery Pooch. I love the card you made with the image. You are very talented.

Colleen Schaan said...

What an adorable card...I love it...I hope you win the challenge...excellent job coloring

Soguesswhat11 said...

this is so precious! I love what you did. Really great!

QuiltNut Creations said...

he is so adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...