Life has it's Ups and Downs!!!



I had a lot of fun playing with Beate's Weekend Sketch #49 today!! I pulled out some new American Crafts dp that I picked up at Hobby Lobby on sale and inked up my Juliette's Leap of Faith stamp by High Hopes for the very first time!!

Of course, in Beate's sketch she has a circle layer but I changed mine to a rectangle in order to fit the image I wanted to use.....hope she doesn't mind!! I stamped Juliette in Archival Brilliance Graphite Black ink and coloured her in with my Copic markers. I love the colours on this image....nice and bright and I actually wouldn't have chosen to put these colours together normally, but they were in the dp and they go together really well! I used Cool Caribbean to mat Juliette and then the card base is a Lavender Lace square. I added some holes across the top of the dp using my mat pack and then placed a strip of Real Red across the center. I tied some satin ribbon that matches Cool Caribbean that I found in the wedding section of Target.....and it was on sale too!! I love the matching sentiment which is from High Hopes too, don't you?? Then I pop dotted Juliette and added a couple of buttons in the corner!



Besides stamping (I hear you *gasp*.....what else is there in life???) I did a bunch of spring cleaning today. I cleaned out my closet and put together two big rubbermaid totes full of clothes to give away. It feels really great to do stuff like that, don't you think?? It's a great sense of accomplishment when you see a big job all done. Unfortunately, there's always so much more to do, isn't there?? It's a never ending cycle....at least around here!!

Anyway, I'm off to work tomorrow. It's supposed to be my Monday off but my boss is taking a day of vacation so I'm working 9-5pm for him. Blech. It's an early morning, so I'm posting this on Sunday night.

Have a happy day!!!

11 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute, and your colors are fabulous!!

Beth Thomas said...

This is so cute and the colors are beautiful- bright and happy! We are spring cleaning too and it certainly has gotten in the way of my stamping this weekend. Cleaning has to take place whenever you can motivate your family- teeheehee!

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Great card and the colors are beautiful!!!!!
Cute stamp!

Diane said...

Very sweet Kimmie! Love the fun summer colors!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie,
I am excited you had time to play. Your card is too cute! The image is adorable and your coloring great!
Have a great week! Happy Memorial Day
Hugs and smiles

Suzanne said...

This is fab so much fun and I love the lovely bright colours. Sue :o)

Sarah said...

How cute is he?!?! Such a fab card with great bright colours!
xx :0)

Sew Club said...

Super cute card, Kimmie! I love that image!

Ida said...

Wonderfully FUN and ADORABLE!!!

Lastel said...

Totally adorable !

Renee said...

So cute! I love all the bright colors...it makes it pop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...