Challenge #33 - Beachy Keen, Jelly Bean!!!

Okay, so one of my favourite sayings when someone asks me how I'm doing, is 'Peachy keen!' and sometimes I even add on the 'Jelly Bean!' part....but usually it's someone at work that's asking and I'm usually being sarcastic, because I'm at work. And now I'm rambling. But I told you that to explain why I named the challenge this week what I did

Anyhoooo, since I'm the happenin' hostess this week, I decided to have a beachin' challenge!! So go ahead and think summer! Use summer colours, images, embellishments...think beach, think water, think fun!!! If you play along you could win one of the images I'm using on the cards I made!! heehee!



So first up is the fantastic Surfing Miles!! he's chillin' on the beach, gettin' ready to catch some waves and Hang 10!! I just love his little board shorts, don't you?? I made a regular A2 sized card, since these smaller Miles images are perfect for them, and used some sparkly surfboard patterned paper from a DCWV Stack. I coloured Miles with my Copics and used my Nesties to cut out the image and emboss the frame.



I added some wide grosgrain red ribbon, tied a bow and attached a green button with some linen thread. Then I stamped the PERfect sentiment and pop dotted it. This sentiment is one of 21 awesome phrases that come in the Mermaid Sentiments set!



Next up is probably my favourite Mermaid from the Summer Kit!! This is the gorgeous Cordelia!! Doesn't she just look like an underwater princess??? I used some coordinating patterned papers and one of them has gorgeous foil running through it. I stamped her on Neenah using Memento ink and coloured her in with some rich coloured Copics. I sponged around the edge of the main layer using some blue chalk ink



I attached some Prima flowers with yellow brads and added some grosgrain stitched ribbon and a bow. Of course I had to use one of my lovely seashell charms and tied it with some linen thread. Lastly I stamped another fantastic fishie phrase!!!

Check out the other awesome beachy designs from our Krafty Girls and be SURE to come back tomorrow!! All the new images will be released at the Krafty Shop and we'll also be having our usual release day Krafty Hop!!

Happy kraftin'!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv'n these new images girlie! Hope to play along this week! ;) Tracy

Tracey said...

These are both fabulous cards Kim! Loving the sneak peeks!!

Lynn said...

Love this, what super hair!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I adore these stamps and have just bought the June kit. Do you please have a tutorial for the 'stamping out of the frame' technique. many thanks x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...