In '06!



Another one of the scrapbooking sites I like that gives me lots of ideas is Two Peas in a Pod and there is where I found the inspiration for this page. It was very difficult for me to do, because I NEVER do sb pages about myself. They are always about my daughter, my family, specific events etc. Never about moi!! So it really challenged me to do this page.

It is called "In '06" and it is a quick overview of important things that happened in my life and my family's life in 2006. I used my FAVE patterned paper, Blush by Basic Grey and some of the new Flirty ribbons from Stampin' Up. I also used some chipboard numbers and the heart frame which I covered in craft ink and let it dry. I used the Blush tag and my Whimsical Alphabet and I put the journaling in bullet form with my favourite white gel pen!!

The journaling reads:
.created about 165 scrapbook pages
.landed the circulation job at the library
.discovered "Bowling for Soup"!! (a new rock band)
.celebrated 11 years as "man and wife"
.our baby graduated Gr. 8 and started high school
.made new friends
.visited Niagara Falls for the millionth time!
.built our deck and fence
.found South Beach and lost 27 pounds!!

It was a lot of fun to create and I'm glad that I did it. I challenge you to step outside of your 'crafting comfort zone' and try something different! Who knows...you might enjoy it!! **wink**

5 comments:

Darcy said...

I love those pics of you!!! Great page!

Unknown said...

Beautiful page Kimmie! Love the colors and the layout - I just never seem to make the time to scrapbook anymore . . . but I really must! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Amy said...

Great job on your page! WTG about the 27 pounds! That is such a victory. I am down 9 so far on Weight watchers! Are you at your goal? Sounds like '06 was a great year and what a fun way to look back on it! I don't scrapbook hardly at all but it would be fun to start one like that even if it just had 1-2 pages per family member each year. Hmmm. When will I sqeeze this in?

Anonymous said...

This scrapbook page is wonderful! I love it.

Cindy Lou Who said...

Hey Missy! I love the page =)
Have a safe and wonderful vacation in Florida...you lucky duck! I will miss ya! (((hugs)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...