Like Mother, Like Daughter!!

What a creative day I had!! I had the whole day off from work and I used it wisely!! While the dishwasher and washing machine and dryer were a goin', I was a stampin' and a scrappin'!!

My scrapbooking goal for this week was to do both the Sketch Challenge on SCS and also to do the Theme Challenge!! Two in one week!! That can sometimes be a stretch for me!! But I finished and posted the first one a couple of days ago and today I had the time and inspiration to do the Theme Challenge too!!!

The trick for this week's challenge was to have some fun with borders on your layout. Not only did Sheri post this great challenge but she included an awesome sketch from Creating Keepsakes to go with it! Well the sketch, which you can see here, was right up my alley! I love layering my different patterned papers lately, so I had a great time doing this page!



I chose to use a closeup shot of myself and Emileigh that Al took of us on our holiday a couple of weeks ago. This was taken driving up a mountain on the edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest. I used patterned papers from the Basic Grey Blush line, also a tag and some of the cardstock lettering. I doodled in the top right hand corner using the SU white gel pen and I used the Doodle Genie template to make it look decent!! I'm still learning how to doodle properly! I also stamped the bloom from the Doodle This stamp set in the Spring Mini in chocolate chip and punched out some squares to mount in the lower right hand corner. I topped it all off with some of my new Prima blooms!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great shot and an amazing page! Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful page. Your daughter is beautiful!
Shelley Davis

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a gorgeous page! You and your daughter are just beautiful!!!

Darcy said...

beautiful pic! and page!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a gorgeous page! And what beauties you two are. Your pages always make me wish I was a scrapbooker! :)
-Julee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...