Scrappin' Friday!!!


Today was my day off and I had a good day!! I did, like 46 loads of laundry, but I had time to do two layouts. I also picked up Emileigh from school and took her to get stuff for her sleepover party tomorrow night. We got streamers and balloons, chips and dip and pop, pancake mix and ordered a birthday cake! She chose Strawberry Shortcake if you can believe it!!

Anyway, this page is the final one in a chronological album. I am up to about 3 years ago when she was 12 and in these photos she is modeling a new outfit that she received for her birthday. It also had a purse which matched the hat and was so cute!!

I started out with Basic Grey Phresh and Phunky papers and matched Not Quite Navy and Old Olive Stampin' Up cardstock to use for the matting. I sponged the edge of the circular piece and cut two strips out of some coordinating P&P paper and put two folksy heart brads on the ends. I staggered the strips for interest and also smooshed the chipboard photo corner with NQN craft ink and then sanded the edges after it was dry. I added a couple of Prima flowers with a sanded button, some wide organdy ribbon with a metal circle slider with hearts on it and a rubon that says 'that's my girl!' My favourite part though is the title 'Fashionista' which I cut out with my Hippie Chick Cuttlebug Alphabet!!

Oh and don't forget to go here to win some blog candy!!!!

7 comments:

Darcy said...

cute page! can't believe that YOU have a 15 year old!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! I hope she will have a great party tonight!

The LO looks GREAT, by the way!

Melanie said...

Love this page.

VMS and ScrapbookingOasis said...

Love your LO. Very scrapliftable ;)

My Passion said...

Very nice layout! She's a doll.

Kristine said...

Hi! I just found your blog...and what a terrific one at that! I LOVE the BG papers on this and it really highlights your photos well. I reallyneed to do more SBing. Anyway, hope her party was fabtabulous :0) Hope you'll drop by sometime!

Anonymous said...

Totally Phresh & Phunky!! I love it!! Only 3 years behind? WOW!! I am 35 years behind! oops...I mean 29...yeah 28, totally 27. *snort*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...