You've Got the Power!!!!


I'm SO thrilled that Taylor Usry asked me to be a part of the Hope You Can Cling To event over at Splitcoast!!  Have you heard about it?

Splitcoaststampers is proud to partner with the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center for our second annual month long card drive to benefit those affected by breast cancer.

Whether your stamps cling to acrylic, wood, or to your hard drive, they hold the power to convey hope and lift the spirits of anyone who sees what you create with them. That is the inspiration for our “Hope You Can Cling To” stamping campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
 

Many in our community have been affected by breast cancer, directly or indirectly. We would love for each of the patients at the UT MD Anderson cancer center and their families to feel this same encouragement and inspiration and we know this community always rises to a challenge. 

There are special challenges throughout the month with wonderful prizes and I'm so happy to be a part of it!!

My card is a sample for Taylor's challenge which is called Fight Like a Girl and the challenge is to use lots of girlie embellishments like ribbon, lace, flowers, pearls etc.  And I thought, what better image to use than our Janelle!!



I used the yummy new Bo Bunny papers because I simply adore this colour combo!  I coloured Janelle up using coordinating Copic markers and added some sparkle to her pink 'do' using my Spica glitter pen.  I added some chocolate lacey ribbon, some pink felt flowers and some lovely pearls!!  Lastly, I added one of the awesome sentiments that come with Janelle!!



I think it's the perfect combination of strength (because we all know women can deal with anything) and femininity!!!  Gotta be girlie!!

I hope you can join in the fantastic HYCCT challenges!!  Here is the direct link to this challenge!! And if you happen to join in this challenge.....please let me know over here at my blog by clicking on the little blue froggie and sharing your card!  If you do, YOU could be one of the random winners of the prizes I'm giving away!!!  Would you like to win a JANELLE!!?!!  I'll give away TWO of them......so let's see what you've got!!!  You have a week to join in!!


Happy kraftin'!


 

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I love love love love this!!! You rocked this challenge (like I knew you would!) - THANK YOU so much for helping to spread the word!

Angie said...

Love the card, love the colours. Love it!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...