April Krafty Kard Klass!

Each month I hold a Krafty Kard Klass at my home in the Krafty Kave!!  I thought I would share the cards we made at this month's event!

I designed three of the projects featuring our NEW April release stamps and this first one uses Lexi from the RAINY DAY FUN! stamp set!  I used patterned papers from Kaisercraft's Butterfly Wishes collection and we paper pieced the umbrella and popped up the bottom edge.  We used a glaze pen on the raindrops and puddle, doodled around the edge of the main layer, added May Arts ribbon with a double bow and stamped one of the sweet sentiments on a cloud die!


 The second card features one of the lovely ladies from our new BLOOMIN' WONDERFUL! stamp set and her pleats were lots of fun to colour!  The papers are from the Kaisercraft Candy Lane collection....such beautiful colours!  We used some wide pink May Arts ribbon and made a big ol' bow!  We added a fishtail layer and used some dies, a button and linen thread to make the flower embellishment and we popped up the main layer and also the sentiment layer!



The third card was a little more clean and simple and it features the new MONSTER HUGS! stamp set which is so much fun for kid's cards and scrapbook pages!  We coloured up the main image to coordinate with some more Kaisercraft dp that we used for the fishtail flag.  We did the fur technique with colourless blender solution and some cheesecloth to get that fun pattern on the monster's fur.  We layered some cheesecloth under the main image, added a sentiment directly to the card base and the finishing touch is a trio of pink sequins!!



Our final project was a very elegant kraft tag featuring our lovely FLOWERS FEED THE SOUL stamp set!  I wanted to try the no lines technique but wanted to start with something small so I stamped the posie image on the tag using Desert Sand Memento ink and coloured it up in purples and greens.  Because the lines were so hard to see on the kraft paper, I coloured one petal at a time, so everything didn't run in together.  I LOVE the way it turned out and I think it looks sort of like a watercolour!



Thanks so much for taking a peek at my designs and if you're in the Southwestern Ontario area, maybe you'd like to join in one of my monthly classes!  The next class is set for Saturday, June 7th! Feel free to contact me for more info!

Happy kraftin'!

3 comments:

Tracy Penney said...

So many great projects completed. I love the flowers with the no lines look. I haven't tried that technique yet. Looks like you kept everyone busy.

Miss NiceRoad said...

I'm so in looooooove with them! You even might get me to like purple once and for all :P

Linsey R said...

OH my! These are ALL amazing and gorgeous! I wish I had a purple umbrella with tiny white hearts!!! The kraft base looks outstanding against the vibrance of these brilliant patterns and colors! Incredible coloring that leaves me drooling on my keyboard and thank you for all this awesome inspiration!!! The new sets are all delightful and I hope to get them myself in time. Hugs and have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...