Meet Speedy the Turtle!!

Today we're sharing Krafty Peeks from the July Release at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and they'll ALL be available come Sunday!! This day is dedicated to the uber talented....Emilie Goulet!! Can I just say.....what a creative genius?!! Her designs are so creative and each image has such personality....especially the one I'm sharing today!

Meet.....Speedy the Turtle!!! Don't you LOVE him??? Last month we debuted Sunny the Turtle and I think Speedy is his athletic cousin, what do you think? And he was a real hoot to colour!



The card base is a 6x6 square in chocolate chip and I used red to mat. The patterned papers are from one of the new My Mind's Eye 6x6 pads...which I LOVE! I used a green piece and cut out three layers using a grass border die and layered them over one another, tied some red twine and added a red button.

For colouring Speedy, I had fun because it's not a huge image but there is enough of each area to do some shading. I think his shell turned out well and his green skin was especially fun. I coloured and shaded it and then went back over and used the dotting technique to add some texture in the shaded areas. Lastly, I used one of Roxy's sentiments, because it is perfect for Speedy!



Now if you head over to the KKStamps Challenge Blog, there's a list of all the Krafty peeps who have peeks to share and be sure to leave comments at each one, because somebody is going to WIN the whole set of five new stamps from Emilie that are being shown today!!! It could be YOU!!

And come on back tomorrow because we've got new stamps from Cheryl Alger to show ya!!

Happy kraftin'!

29 comments:

Cathy Collins said...

such a fun, colorful card...very nice!!!

Karen R (ON/CA) said...

Delightful new images! They will make fun cards!

Linda S said...

What an adorable card!! Love your images and your colouring!! TFS.

Аня said...

Very funny tortoise)))))

Tosha said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!

richardbreaks said...

That is some serious fun!

Toni K said...

What an adorable image! And I love the card! Your coloring is awesome!

Christy Bailey said...

Oh My! Kim, love the colors you used! Card is fantastic! Turtles are my favorite!

Jenn Joncas said...

He is soooo cute Kimmie!! I'm a sucker for turtles (: I love the colour combo you used and the grass is fabulous!! Off to check out the other cards.

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! I love this image and the gorgeous papers. Fabulous colouring.
hugs
Vanja

crafty amy said...

I do love him :D he looks so cool and in control coasting along.
Thanks for a great hop I can't wait to see tomorrows as well.

Hugs

Amy xx

Alba Aguilar (AlbaScrap) said...

The way you coloured the image is amazing!!!! LoL I need to practice more!

Hannah Clark said...

Oooooo, I just love your card! The colours are so bright and fun! That grass is amazing too!

Shazza said...

cool card, love the colours x

Janine said...

wow love your coloring on this adorable card! cute new image too!
~Janine Allen

Cindi said...

Very cute! I love the shading on his shell. Great coloring!

Ida said...

Super cute! Love the fun, cheery colors and that turtle just looks "zippy" cool.

A said...

love your coloring!

Gail said...

Great job with Speedy!

Unknown said...

Speedy the turtle what a name! He's very cute.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is so fun!

Laurie Wood said...

Your colouring is lovely - Speedy's a must-have for little boy cards. :)

Unknown said...

Cute as can be Kim! Love your colouring. Fun colours!

Judy said...

Love his big feet! Great colouring too!

Jenny said...

Kim- this is the cutest card! You did an amazing job with the colouring- that shading and spots on his skin are perfect!

Sandy G said...

What a cute turtle love how you coloured him and the grass is a great touch

JessicaK said...

LOVE the new set. THese are all so cute, and I really like Mr. Speedy here.

Anonymous said...

Love the way you colored this guy in:)

Evelyn said...

Kimmie,

the new images are so gorgeous!
I love the colors and the papers you used!

Kind regards,
Evelyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...