Party at Nana and Grandpa's House!!

I've told you that I get a lot of inspiration from the wonderfully, creative people at Splitcoaststampers, right?? Well, each week in the Scrapbooking forum there is a new Sketch Challenge posted on Fridays. This week I used the SBSC82 sketch that Darcy posted for this layout!!!





I always take a TON of photos at every event, so it's always hard narrowing it down, but I liked this layout because it gave me the opportunity to use so many photos. These were taken at Emileigh's 12th birthday at my parent's house. I always start out by choosing my papers first, finding the patterns and colours that fit best with my pics. This time I went with the Tickled Pink line from Three Bugs in a Rug. I used Certainly Celery, Regal Rose and Basic Black SU cardstock to mat and embellish.

I got to play with my Olivia alphabet and my Cuttlebug for the first time. I was completely impressed with how crisp and clean the cuts are and the letters really just fell out of the paper after I ran them through the 'Bug with the dies. The letters were a bit fiddly to get glued onto the page, but my good pal Mama T, another crafty lady, told me that I NEED a xyron to make them into little stickers and stick 'em all down!! One more tool to get....hahhahaa!

I used one of my new Prima flowers with a black Making Memories shimmer brad in the middle and pop dotted the big main picture on the bottom left. I added the white grosgrain ribbon and hung a little crown charm that says 'princess' on it. I also cut out some layers of flowers with my Cuttlebug and mounted them on the bottom left of the right hand page and also pop dotted the tag which has a metal present on it!!

Those sketches truly inspire me and give me a spot to start when I am not feelin' the scrappin' mojo, know what I mean??? Stop in at the Scrapbooking Forum and say hi!! They're very friendly there and check out our challenges and inspiration!!

5 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Great pages!! You did a great job with the sketch...might have to give it a try myself!

Julie said...

great pages, I may have to break down and get an alpha from CB

Anonymous said...

Another awesome layout missy!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE you sb pages, and this is no exception! You rock girl!

Darcy said...

cute page!!! you are so creative!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...