Campfire Pals!!



By chance this morning when I was 'blurfing' (otherwise known as blog surfing...hehe), I came upon this site called CPS, or Card Positioning Sketches. Not only do they have some great sketches for your cardmaking inspiration, but they have a contest on right now and the Grand Prize winners will get their card published in Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine!! This is super cool....especially because it is a Canadian magazine!!

So the challenge is to use the provided sketch and make a creation with Fall in mind....fall colours, thanksgiving, hallowe'en, back to school etc. So I decided to whip up this card this morning before work!

Again, I had a ball playing with some new High Hopes Stamps!! This stamp is called Roasting Marshmallows and I think it is SO cute!! The little beaver, moose and bear are leaning away from their little skunk friend.....poor skunk!! *heehee* At our old house out in the country we used to love having bonfires and sitting around it roasting marshmallows and hot dogs on our coathangers.....THAT feels like Fall to me!!

I stamped the image on Whisper White cardstock in black Stazon ink and coloured all the little critters and their surroundings using my Stampin' Up markers!! Then I rounded the corners off and sponged around the image using So Saffron ink and a makeup sponge. The patterned papers I used are Cosmo Cricket Halfway Cafe. The image is fairly large so I made the card itself bigger to accomodate the provided sketch for the challenge. The card base is 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 in Ruby Red. The strip across the top is So Saffron and the sentiment, which says "There's a warmth and joy that never ends between the hearts of special friends!!" is stamped on Whisper White again. I added some matching Prima flowers with coordinating Making Memories brads and then doodled around the whole card using my Chocolate Chip marker, framing the card with little dots!

You can enter the challenge 3 times but the deadline is May 31st, so if you want to join in, you'd better get stampin'!! I'll maybe try again....if I can find the time!!

7 comments:

Stampernmore said...

very cute, Kimmie. Thanks for the links. This stamp was on my wish list for buying too, I love camping and I think it is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love this card---perfect for fall! Best of luck to you!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kimmie..this is so adorable...love the colors, the primas, and the little campfire guys!

Anonymous said...

oops...I haven't had my coffee yet...my name is Erika, not Eika

Anonymous said...

Blurfing...ROTFL!! I've got to remember that one! Love your layout and the campfire guys. How cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie, what a great card for the challenge. I wanted to send one in, but other things have gotten in the way. (With cards like yours in the running...I don't stand a chance anyway.) I love your card!

Beth Thomas said...

This is so cute! I'm a Girl Scout (Girl Guides) leader and, of course, had to order this stamp, as soon as I saw- you enabler you- *grin*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...