Dirty Roses!!


When I got done work yesterday at 5pm, I raced home (picking up Mickey D's on the way) to then leave again for Stratford! Well, when I got home I threw everything down on the table and grabbed the key for the mailbox and RAN down the street!! Now, you must know me to understand this.........I DON'T RUN. But I was hoping, hoping, hoping it would be there!! The neighbours MUST have thought I was crazy, but I didn't care!! I fumbled with the key, trying to get it open and when I opened the little metal door.........it was Christmas in June!!!! AHAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!! I clutched the plastic bag to my chest and RAN, yes RAN all the way back to the house! I got back in the front door and Emileigh said with this incredulous look on her face, "Did you RUN?" and panting I just bent over at the waist and held up my prize...........the NEW Stampin Up catalogue!!!!!!!!

It is BEAUTIFUL filled with gorgeous new stamp sets, yummy designer paper and DELICIOUS new ribbons!!!! Of course I only got to flip through it briefly while I scarfed down my greasy cheeseburger because we had to jump in the car again and head to Stratford. But today (before I head to work) I will grab a coffee (or maybe a cold diet pepsi, as it's like a million degrees here) and peruse it's shiny pages at my leisure! Aahhhhhh!

Anyhoo, today I thought I would feature a card that I designed for one of my stamp camps with one of the stamp sets that did NOT make it into the new catalogue, Roses in Winter. *sigh* I used Blush Blossom for the card base, which I don't use often enough and Chocolate Chip which I use A LOT!! The roses were done with the Rock 'n Roll technique with both those ink colours. The little flowers were done using Buckaroo Blue (sniff, sniff) and the sentiment in CC. I sponged around the edges of the image using a cosmetic wedge and added some gold cording. Super quick and easy but very elegant, I think.

I'm off to fill my new catalogue with sticky notes....heehee....have a wonderful day!!

11 comments:

Melanie said...

It's a beautiful card. And I"m jealous you have the new catty already. My demo is stalking the UPS man :)

bethtrue said...

What a pretty card - thanks for the inspiration! Have fun looking at your new catty (you lucky duck!)

Have a fun day!

Beth (mommy to a busy 3 3/4 yr old)

Beth Thomas said...

Got my order of Catties yesterday. They are definitely TDF! I absolutely love your color choice on that beautiful card.

Colleen Schaan said...

You Lucky Girl!!! Your card is really pretty...very simple, yet elegant. I LOVE RIW....

Alhambra Club said...

So glad you received your catalog, great card, very simple and elegant.

Anonymous said...

I too am so jealous you are viewing the new catologue. Only 3 more long days to wait. Sigh!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely delicate looking card. I just love the RIW set and love what you did with it.

Thanks heaps for sharing and for how you sponged the edges. I still need to pracitice to get my edges looking as nice as yours.

K Hutchinson said...

WOW what a beautiful card love the colors! Can wait to see what is new in the SU catty!

~K

stampingcaz said...

Kim you make me laugh, I LOVE your blog, your cards ect You remind me so much of me in the excitement that I read from new stamps, new catalogues ect :) I get excited reading it as I can imagine what I would feel like.

Keep on Stamping!
StampingCaz

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Kimmie, I got mine yesterday, too. Boy am I in trouble.

This card is so pretty, I use chocolate chip alot, too. One of my favorites, especially paired with pinks, blues and the cool caribbean :(

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Glad you got your catty -- and exercise, too! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...