FixitFella for Father's Day!!


Here is the card I made yesterday for my husband for Father's Day. I don't have this stamp, but my nice friend Donna stamped me one so I could make this cool card! I don't have any of the Fellas yet.....YET!! There are a couple of really cute new Bellas and Fellas over at www.stampingbella.com so be sure to check them out!!

For this one I used Colleen's sketch over at Distinctive Touches. I thought it was perfect for this manly card!! This time I chose my papers first and I had to be sure to find some masculine paper with no flowers and macho colours......it was hard!! Most of my papers are bright and frilly...haha!! Wouldn't quite look right with hammers and power tools, now would it?? The pp is from the Halfway Cafe line from Cosmo Cricket. I matched the colours from the paper and used my SU markers to colour in the image. I sponged around it using Close to Cocoa and matted it on Ruby Red cardstock which is also what I used for the card base. I sponged around all the pieces of patterned paper, used some cute little screw brads, which I got from the dollar store ages ago and pop dotted the main image!! My husband has a love/hate relationship with power tools......he loves them, they hate his digits!! Long story short, he cut off his first finger on his left hand one day with a table saw. That was a fun day!!

Anyway....in other exciting news, I was Colleen's Featured Artist on her blog!! Go on over and check out the glowing review she gave me!! *blushing* I'm so honoured!! Have a good Saturday everyone!!!

5 comments:

Colleen Schaan said...

Oh what an awesome card! I really like this guy. I didn't know that was patterned paper...I thought you made it using the faux wood technique...with burgundy and greens...totally looks like it...SOOOOO cool!

And you are soooo easy to review...your work rocks!

michelle sturgeon said...

What a cute Fella! Great card!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous. Love the screw top brads.

QuiltNut Creations said...

great card-love that background paper

Melanie said...

I so need this Fella!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...