Life is a Song.....Sing it!!!


Today I had to make a card for our Page at work. She is leaving us at the library for a full-time job this summer, and then off to university in the fall. We are giving her a little gift and throwing her a little partay!! So the department asked me to make her a card!

Well Wednesday just happens to be Sketch Challenge day on Splitcoastampers!! So I had the layout all planned for me.....I LOVE sketches!!! Half the work is already done for you, who doesn't like that???

So this time I actually started with the stamp, because I knew I wanted to use this Inky Antics sentiment stamp as the focal point of the card. I stamped it in Black Onyx Versafine ink on Whisper White cardstock. I decided to use some of the Almost Amethyst designer paper in my Palette of Prints pad and thought that the stamps from Simply Said would go well with the design on the paper. I cut the patterned paper as instructed in the Sketch Challenge and then cut a whisper white piece the same and decorated the two pieces I would need. I stamped the solid flowers in Almost Amethyst and overstamped them with the outline stamps in black. I just love the way black cardstock or black ink really makes a card 'POP'.....know what I mean??

So I used Basic Black for the card base, positioned my pp on top and actually left a little negative space between the papers. The sketch shows the puzzle pieces of the papers right up to each other, but I liked the look of the black peeking through. Then I did several punches with my Mega Scalloped Square punch to form the frame around the focal point. I also used my AA SU marker to shade around the words. I added some little layered purple flowers with silver brads and placed them in the corner. Then ............. of course......I pop dotted the main image!!! I tried to refrain.....but I just HAD to make it 3-d!!!

I just love the poem on this stamp:

Life is a song
Sing it
Life is a challenge
Meet it
Life is a dream
Realize it
Life is love
Enjoy it
- Sai Baba

SOOOOOOOOOOO, since I love sketches SO much......and it seems that you do too.....I think I might have to have another sketch challenge soon!!! How soon?? Well how does tomorrow sound?????

9 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Your card is beautiful...that sentiment is great!
I'm up for a sketch challenge!

Beth Thomas said...

What a beautiful job you did with that sketch! I love the colors and the poem is perfect for the occasion!

Heather Robinson said...

She is going to be thrilled with this card...just suits her Kim. Beautiful and meaningful.

Stampin' Project Junkie! said...

LOVE THIS CARD!!! Gosh can't help but love this sketch!!!

Sally said...

Oh goodness, I don't make cards that much, but I just LOVE this sketch, looks like a picture frame...and the stamp you picked is PERFECT!!!

Colleen Schaan said...

Yippie...I love sketch challenges too. I ADORE your card. That saying is just beautiful...I have to go find it now and put it in my shopping basket! I am a huge fan of purple and black together...stunning.

Amy said...

That is a great stamp and your card turned out great!

Have a fun "partay"!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just beautiful Kimmie! Love how you used the negative space from the black background. It just looks like a beautifully framed picture.

Unknown said...

This is really pretty, see I am sooo loving that Simply Said set just loving it

Sent you a couple PM's in answer to yours Kim xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...