Soft Sky Doodles!!


Sadly, my trip to the stamp store yesterday was not very fruitful!! Can you believe I didn't buy a thing?????? Me either! But Emileigh had a nice afternoon with Nana shopping and we had supper at our favourite restaurant. Then I had my Katalogue Kickoff party and the ladies just LOVED the 5 cards we made.......maybe I'll show you one of them!!

Since we were allowed to preorder the Soft Sky Designer Paper, I decided to use it on a card.........I LOVE this colour!! The card base is of course, Soft Sky and I stamped the corner swirly stamp in the bottom left corner in Soft Sky and then added some doodles with my white gel pen. Then I added a strip of the designer paper at the top which is matted on white to help it stand out. Before attaching it to the card, I used my double circle punch at the end and attached a piece of white grosgrain ribbon. The big flower is stamped on Black Stazon on Whisper White and then I had the ladies use the Aquapainters for the first time. We watercoloured using ink in the the lids of the stamp pads.....Soft Sky for the petals and So Saffron for the rest. They really enjoyed the technique! It was super easy but it made such an elegant card.

I am busy preparing for another Katalogue Kickoff Party at my house here on Sunday. I work until 8:30 tonight and 9-5 tomorrow so I hope the ladies are paying more attention to the cards than to the dust in my house!!! Hahahaha!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful - love the soft look of this card. TFS

Anonymous said...

I love this card. The colors, the style - so soft! Thanks for posting and sharing all the neat stuff you do! :)

Alhambra Club said...

When you don't buy anything at a stamp store you know you are in trouble. This is a beautiful card,love the swirl in white

Colleen Schaan said...

Stunning, beautiful, so elegant. I just love this card...simple, yet perfect!

Paula said...

Love that color! very pretty card with the swirls and flower.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So beautiful! Soft Sky is my new fave color. I can't wait to put in my order.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...