Happy Me!!


I'm having a lot of fun with the Simply Scrappin' Kits for Stampin' Up lately. Both of today's projects feature the Happy Me Level 3 Hostess reward and I LOVE it!! The SS kits really take the guess work out of a creation and give you an awesome jump off point with the fabulous colour combinations in each one!

The card I made used those awesome little penguins from My Favorite Things. This one is skating on a little pond which I stamped in Soft Sky on my Shimmery White cardstock. Then I stamped the little skater penguin in Archival Versafine Black Onyx ink and coloured him in using my Prismacolor Pencils and OMS and also my SU ink and blender pens, since the new In Colors don't come in the markers. I doodled around the edge and then layerd on a combination of mats which the final layer being Purely Pomegrante which I punched with my Giga Scalloped Square punch. The card base is PP with some of the awesome designer paper from the SS kit and the top portion is some of the Soft Sky designer paper. I stamped the sentiment (which actually says Warm Winter Wishes, but I just inked up the portion I wanted) in Black Onyx ink on the Soft Sky dp and punched it out using the large oval punch and attached it with some white brads. Then I added two little pieces of the gorgeous Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon with two more white brads and then pop dotted the main image!



The second project was one that I finished for a Virtual Scrapbooking Challenge on SCS. It is a two page layout featuring the photos and memorabilia from the night that Emileigh and I went to the Midnight Magic Release Party for the new Harry Potter book. I used the same Happy Me SS kit which was just perfect for this layout! The main pages are the 12x12 textured Purely Pomegranate cardstock which are included in the kit (love these) and I also used strips of the awesome dp with that great colour combo of PP, Groovy Guava and Soft Sky. Love that combo!!

I included pictures of some of the fantastic costumes, our badges from being sorted into Gryffindor, the gold galleons we each received, the tickets for the Hogwarts Express that we received from the conductor at the door and the tickets from the Order of the Phoenix movie that we saw twice the week before!!

The quote reads: And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure. - Albus Dumbledore

The journaling reads: This was such a fun evening for Emileigh and I! We went to the Midnight Magic Release Party at Chapters for the final book in the Harry Potter series. There were so many fun things for the kids to do. Emileigh and I got 'sorted' into Gryffindor, which was fun. The atmosphere was so wonderful and so many people were dressed up! We saw Rita Skeeter, Hagrid, Professor Trelawney, Professor Snape, Moaning Myrtle and of course, Harry! It was an evening of adventure!!

So these awesome SS kits are not just for Scrappin' as you can see. They can be used to whip up some very cool cards too!! Hope you like 'em!! And thanks for stoppin' in!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!! Darling card and pages! LOVE the paper, colors, layout, sooo cute!

Melissa said...

That really is an awesome color combo! Excellent job on both projects!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Kimmie, love the colours and the ribbon is lovely. Great job on the pages too! nd

Gail Binette said...

What a sweet winter card with summer colors. It's a great color combination!

michelle sturgeon said...

I love the SS kit! The colours are devine!
Great projects, Kimmie!

Anonymous said...

Kimmie...what an adorable card...I love the penguin. Your scrapbook dps is phonemonal...I love the color combo. What fun photos!

Colleen Schaan said...

I just love the color combos in both of these. I need to get that new In-Color paper out and use it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...