A Birthday Bella!!


A friend from work made a special request for a card this week. She has a birthday party for a 12 year old niece and needed something she would like. Well, it just happens that I have some Bella stamps that are PERFECT for a young girl, don't you agree????

I also have been visiting the new Member Company forums on Splitcoast and Stampingbella has one. Well, they've started posting challenges and so I decided to use a sketch challenge that they posted!! There's never a shortage of challenges over on Splitcoast, that's for sure!!!

I started by choosing the paper which is by Paper Studio. I love the colour combo of Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery. I pulled out my new Billboardabella 'cause I thought she could pass for a teenager and stamped her in Archival Versafine Black Onyx ink. What makes this stamp great, is that it comes with several separate sayings that you can stamp on the billboard!! I coloured her in using my SU markers and used my aquapainter to make her some ground to stand on. I doodled a border and pop dotted the main image. I just added some stitched ribbon that I got at Jacksonbelle's store and there she is.

Well, I brought it in to work yesterday and before I showed it to her, I told my friend that if it wasn't what she wanted, I would totally make something else and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all!! She took one look at it and hugged me!!! That was so nice.

12 comments:

jodene said...

Another great card!!

Michelle B said...

Super Cute! I love Bella's.

Melissa said...

I love Billboardbella because her hair reminds me of my own sometimes!!

Heidi said...

So cute!! They are perfect for tweens and teens! Bet she'll love it!

Anonymous said...

Another awesome Bella card. I love this, it's perfect for a 12 year old, or even a ---- old like me. nd

Anonymous said...

This is just darling! I love the colors you used!!

Anonymous said...

How could she not love this card? It is fantastic!h

QuiltNut Creations said...

love this Bella. great layout!

Darcy said...

girl! I can't believe that you have had so many visitors on here! jeepers! you are SO MUCH better about the blog thing than me!

You are so crafty, I love ALL of your cards!!!

Diane said...

Wow I'm sure any teen will LOVE that card...it's gorgeous!!!!

Ila said...

Well..you definetley deserved that hug. What a Gorgeous card!! I have this stamp ordered....now I can hardly wait!!

dawnmercedes said...

Yeah...yeah...she's a great bella!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...