A Country Christmas Ornament


So I introduced you to my Cowboy Snowman yesterday and as I said, along with the other stamps I used, he is part of the Project of the Month at High Hopes for November. Unfortunately, the POTM sale is not up yet for some reason! So if you like it, you'll have to wait until they get it up and running to get it at the discount! BUT the other new snowpeople stamps ARE up and they are just as adorable!! Just go to the search window and put in HOTP for Hot off the Press and they are all there!!

I've had these round chipboard coasters sitting and staring at me for about a month. They've been mocking me because I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with them and then, when I saw what the POTM stamps were, I had a brainwave!! SO, I covered the coaster with Sage Shadow cardstock after I had stamped on it with the snowflakes and the cowboy boot and also sponged around the edges. I added a strip of the striped Wanted paper by SU. Then I stamped the Cowboy on white cardstock and coloured him in with my SU markers and cut him out. I stamped the sentiment across his tummy and also added the sheriff's star on his vest. Then I punched a hole in the top of my ornament with my Crop-a-dile and hung my ornament with some white organdy ribbon and brown linen thread!! I think all the snowpeople will be perfect for ornaments this year, don't you???

Something exciting happend to me yesterday!! Wanna know what it was?? Well, remember how I created a few cards for the Lizzie Anne Designs Card Contest a couple of weeks back?? Well, yesterday they posted the overall winner and 10 runners up and I am a runner up!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!! The really funny thing is that I had created 4 cards especially for the contest and then added several others just to donate to the Cards for Cancer, which is where all the cards were headed after the contest. Well, it wasn't even one of my original 'contest design' cards that won!! It was one of my extras!!! Hahahaa!! So funny! And I will be receiving a new stamp set from the lovely ladies at Lizzie Anne Designs in the mail soon!!! That totally made my day!!!



Have a wonderful Friday and hey......go stamp something!!!

8 comments:

Michelle B said...

The snowman ornament is adorable and I love your Lizzie card! Awesome job!

Inky Hugs,
Michelle

Inge Groot said...

Congrats with you winning card:-D

Great idea to use the round chipboard as a christmas ornament, can't wait till I get my hands on those snowmen;o)

Colleen Schaan said...

CUTE snowman ornament!!! WOW...and congrats on the honorable mention...super cool!

Ila said...

what a great idea....love this ornament....and that Lizzie Anne card is Fabulous!!...and Congrats on being a runner up....but it is no wonder...your creations are Fantastic!!!

Diane said...

Congrats on your winning,it is funny that it wasn't your original card that one!! But that card is gorgeous and so is your ornament!

Melissa said...

The cowboy snowman just makes me smile!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Both projects are fabulous! Congrats on your win. :)

Tiffiny said...

I really like this card. I love your bright, sunny colors. Nice job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...