Altered Canvas Projects....the end!!!


These are the last of the altered canvas projects that I was asked to do for some coworkers! Whew!! I finished them last week and am I ever glad they are done!



They don't take much explaining really. I took an 8x10 canvas from the dollar store, chose some papers that matched the colours in the photo, or chose my own colour combo if it was a black and white photo. Then I painted the canvas with acrylic paints and arranged the art piece like I would a scrapbook page, complete with designer papers, flowers, embellishments etc. Someone asked before if the pictures are removable....no they are not. I used super sticky double sided tape to adhere everything down, especially directly to the canvas, as it is painted.



The ladies that requested them were just thrilled with the outcome, which makes me very happy. I hope the recipients of these gifts are just as pleased.

Well, I have already made a couple of cards this morning and done a little cleaning. I made pancakes for brunch and am working on some laundry. And while Emileigh has gone skating with her friends, I think I'll go and wrap some of her Christmas presents!! Have a wonderful day!!!

5 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Oh so nice! Great idea and they turned out so cute. I too am cleaning and wrapping (ok well right now I'm taking another break *snicker*) but yup, busy getting ready for santa. Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

They are all lovely, I'm sure your people would be pleased with them. Great job!! Merry Christmas, see you Boxing Day!! nd

Bonnie Weiss said...

They are wonderful, Kimmie! The lucky recipient's to be given such heart-felt, one-of-a-kind gifts...that what giving is all about. Thanks for sharing your creativity and ideas with all of us and for the inspiration that follows. Merry Christmas, Kimmie.

Suzanne said...

They are great, they are going to make someone very happy this Christmas. Happy Christmas to you and yours. Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

So so soooo beautiful!!! Did you mod podge over the paper and photo ??
Chris (catt871)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...