Ipod Girl!!



Have you heard of Rakle stamps???? I just got a couple from Phebe at The Town Scrapper and I LOVE them!!! They are rather large and long stamps and they have a totally unique look. I'm not sure where they come from, but I know it's in Europe!

When I looked at them in the store I admired their very colourful and professional packaging and thought they were very different and that I might give them a try. Well when I got them home and took them out of the packaging I realized that they are a real quality product. They are made from thick, deeply etched rubber and mounted on EZmount. They cling to a thick plastic card with a colour picture of the image on the opposite side, so that you could store them in a little box or something and just flip through them easily to find the one you want! Very cool idea! Then I stamped with them and they stamped like a dream too!! Yay!



I made a long card with this girl, that I call Ipod girl. I used some coordinating Fancy Pants paper and some retired Rose Romance cardstock from SU. I coloured her using my Copic markers, added some Primas with silver brads and attached some yummy satin ribbon from Michael's. The sentiment is by Verve Visual and I used one of the new silver bookplates from SU. A very simple card but I really like it!



Well, it's a quick post this morning because we are off to shop in the US today. It's a holiday Monday here in Ontario so this is our chance to visit the stores in the US because they are open!!! I get to go to Hobby Lobby (my favourite craft store ever) and I'm going to try to find Mary Maxim too!! I'll let you know how I make out shoppin'!!! Have a great day!!

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh this is gorgeous I just love these images and the papers are fab. Enjoy your shopping. Sue :o)

Laura said...

Hi girlie! :) Rakle stamps are from Norway :)

MichelleO said...

What a cool looking stamp! Your card rocks, and I love that book plate! Have fun shopping! And make sure to let us know what goodies you get!

Anonymous said...

I suffer from stamp envy every time you show your stamps. (I can't ever seem to find them available in the US - especially the Magnolias). Love them Rakles and you did a great job on it.

Becca said...

Lovely card Kim.

I saw the stamps in Kitchener's Scrapfest at Phebe's table. The one with the large hips kills me.
Me after childbirth LOL>

Bela

Nixe-Moni said...

Oh wow, this is really wonderful. Great and fabulous stamp. Love it.
Hugs, Moni

Unknown said...

This is soooo cool Kim, love it, off to see if I can track down these stamps in the UK!!! wish me luck, hope you have a fantabulous days shopping, you lucky thing, its not that simple for us english girls to pop to the US, lol xx

Maya said...

Beautiful card!
Love the colours and the colouring :)

Rakle is from Norway and you can find more of her and friends here: http://www.scrapmagasinet.no/shoppen/

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs from Maya

Risa said...

very cute Kimmie and I adore the color combo!
malieta:)

Joy Jenkins said...

i want one!! i think your ipod girl is sweet. well done.

Beth Thomas said...

What a cute card! This was be a perfect stamp for my daughter's pre-teen friends. You are so... bad for me- in a good way- teeheehee!

Ila said...

Gorgeous!! love everything you did on this card...and that stamp looks awesome!

Heidi said...

Ah- you are one of those "white plates!" :) I have to ask though, where do you find the HL on the East side? HOpe you had a wonderful day Kimmie.
This is a sweet card!
I am really bad about sending out cards so I hope you send these sweet things out regularly. othewise I challenge you to send out 2 cards this week to people who inspire you.
Heidi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...