Leilani says it's 'Party Time'!!!


So I had yesterday morning and afternoon off and I did get a little stampin' done. I checked out Sketch Challenge 174 over on SCS right away and knew that I wanted to give it a whirl!!

I love long cards but for some reason I most often stick to square cards or regular A2 sized cards. So the sketch challenge was fun. I pulled out my new Leilani stamp by High Hopes I thought this sparkly patterned paper had the best colours for a Hawaiian dancer! I believe the paper is DCWV, but I'm not sure which stack....maybe the Glitter Stack?? Anyhoo, I don't know if you can tell but the right hand side of the front of the card is folded back and attached. I also added a strip of Green Galore to it and then cut the dp in two and attached it to both the card front and the right side of the inside of the card. I used SU brads in the corners and added some satin American Crafts ribbon. The sentiment is by A Muse and I used my word window punch and my corner rounded to make the sentiment piece. I used my oval Nestabilities to cut out Leilani and I coloured her in using my Copics and then, you can't tell in the picture but I outlined all her flowers and lei with my Sakura Stardust gel pen to make her sparkle. The really cool thing on this card that I like, is the sheer leaves by Creative Impressions that I layered underneath the focal piece. I just picked those up at Stamp Art when I was there the other day. They are just the neatest things and they have holes punched in them so that you can layer flowers on them and attch them with brads. I just love 'em!! Sorry the picture's not that hot, but I had a hard time keeping the card closed with the funny fold and then the lighting wasn't that great. But you get the main idea!

Well, I have the whole day off today!! Woohoooo!! And I have some awesome new stamps to play with, so hopefully I'll have something pretty to share with you tomorrow! Also Survivor is on tonight.......is anyone out there as addicted to Survivor as I am????

Happy Stampin'!!!

9 comments:

MichelleO said...

Very cool! Actually more Tropical! Love the colors and this little dancer is wonderful. I haven't made many cards this size as well, your looks so great I need to give it a whirl! Wonderful Card as usual!

Jessica Smith said...

This is a fabulous card I just love the leaves behind the image.

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome, love the colors and Leilani is so sweet!! The leaves are super:-)

Nixe-Moni said...

This is so wonderful and cute. Great work. Love it.
Hugs, Moni

Katharina Frei said...

What a terrific long card! The image and the dp is perfectly combined!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! Love that little hula girl! (And WOOHOO to Survivor tonight! And Grey's!!)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow kimmie this patterend paper was a great buy!!
this looks fabulous with the image.
totally love this fresh summer feel of this card

Ila said...

This is Fabulous...wonderful colors and I love the shape...I've not made a long card...yet...maybe I'll have to try it.

Deborah said...

Just adorable! Just returned from Kauai! Love seeing this card! Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...