My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #32!!



I love it when I have enough time in the week to join in on the challenges that I love!! This week's My Favorite Sketch Challenge is a great one!!

I decided to use the mini set Friends Furever on this card and I had some great doggie dp handy to use with it. The card base is Close to Cocoa and the dp is by Around the Block. I stamped the image on Wausau bright white cardstock using Archival Brilliance Graphite Black ink and coloured them in using my handy dandy....Copics!!! I trimmed up the image, making sure not to cut through the dog's tail and then cut that part out by hand, so it overlaps the edge of the 'frame'. The coordinating cardstock colours I used are Bordering Blue, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. I used the scalloped circle punch and a smaller circle punch to make that little circle layer and added a couple of pawprint brads that I picked up at the $ store. I pop dotted the main image and added four brads in the corners as a finishing touch.



There is a fantastic new sketch posted each week by the lovely and talented Cindy, my fellow MFTDT member, so you should hop on over to the MFT forum at SCS if ya like sketches!!

Well, today is my only day off this week and I've got a gazillion things to do!! Lots of DT samples I have to work on, housework to do, weeds to pull, science projects to assist with this afternoon, you know the drill!! But it's a beautiful sunny day, so I hope you enjoy yours!!!!

8 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

awesome kimmie,
iam not a fan of mtf stamps but everytime you show a card iam thinking.. well.. maybe i should give it a try.
:-)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Fantastic job Kimmie. I will try to work on one tonight. I love her sketches. chris

Victoria said...

Hi
I am a member of SBS18 and we have a weekly competition page - http://sbs18challenges.blogspot.com/ and we would love it if you and your fellow sisters would like to join us. Sorry to be cheeky and ask but you are the first on the list.
Vicky x

Diane said...

Too cute,love that paper and those paws!!!

Whimsey said...

LOVE the paw print brads; too darn cute!!

~Michele
SBS10

Chris (catt871) said...

Great card!!!! I love that set too!!!
Chris

Miranda said...

wow, what a great card... I just love to snoop around on your blog..
you make beautiful things!!
xoxo
Miranda

Stacey said...

I've wanted some MFT stamps for ages and this beautiful card has just made me want them even more! Simply gorgeous! ~x~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...