Charlotte Singing Carols....in August???


I know, I know!! I can't believe I am making Christmas cards in August, but there ya have it!! With these super cute new Whiff of Joy stamps, it's hard to put them down!! In fact I made THREE cards using this Charlotte image yesterday!! YEP! Three!! I'll share the others with you later on!

Yesterday was my day off so I tried to get a lot done, as I won't have much spare time this week. I'm working full time hours and I'm taking First Aid/CPR training too! Yech! So I decided to play around with something besides my Copics. Every once in a while I pick up my aquapainter and try watercolouring again, but I need to face facts....I suck at watercolouring! So instead, I played around with my SU watercolour paper and my SU markers!! They give nice rich colour and you can even do some shading by layering more colour in certain areas.

I stamped Charlotte on SU watercolour paper using Versafine Black Onyx ink and then using my SU markers that matched the Dashing dp. I used Real Red, Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke, plus Blush Blossom for the skin tone. The sketch is from the list of wonderful sketches on the Verve forum over at SCS. I just picked out a sketch that would fit the image I was working with and yippee, skippee, half the work is already done for me!!




SO I fixed up the layout with the different dps and coordinating cardstock, added some SU brads and pop dotted Charlotte. I added some Stardust Stickles on her hat and the snow and the sentiment is from the Winter Wonder set by Verve Visual!!

Now don't forget that the new CCDesigns stamps are being released tonight!! The par-tay starts on the ATS Forum at 8pm EST with the sets going live at 10pm!! Hope to see you there!!!

13 comments:

Angella said...

Lovely card Kimmmie... The stamp is perfekt for Christmas and also the colours:)

Angella

retiredheather said...

Great card Kimmie. Love the stamp and the DP is coordinated perfectly. Great job.

Diane said...

She's adorable Kimmie!!! I love those new stamps!!! You did a beautiful job with it!

MichelleO said...

Oh my she is gorgeous darling! Love the rich deep red and green with the crisp white! I can't wait to get mine!
HUGS
MichelleO

Rach said...

awwww Kim this is adorable, beautifully coloured. love your layout and the dp you have chosen go so well. hugs rachxx

Becca said...

Oh I can see how much fun you are having with these lovely stamps. I am so glad you are in the DT for these. Now I can see them here.
I love the Christmas card in August. Cheers up all of this icky rain we are having.

Karen said...

Kimmie, this card is so good. Great job!

Toota-loo,
Karen

Christine Riley said...

Too cute, I'm loving these Charlotte stamps! :)

Christine :)

Alison said...

Hi Kim!

Katharina sent me this way and I'm loving the colored Charlottes! She's adorable!

Alison

Jennifer Love said...

Oof, that is super, super cute! I'm needin' those stamps! Love the DP!

Frances said...

This is gorgeous Kimmie - I love the layout and the colours. It's the first time I've ever made christmas cards this early too but I'm loving it! x

Michelle said...

Are you kidding??? You do NOT suck at watercoloring!! This is adorable & your coloring rocks, girlie!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh...she is so sweet!! I can't wait for my order to arrive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...