Howdy do!!


I'm so proud of myself....I actually was able to join in with this week's MFT Sketch Challenge on the SAME day that it was posted!!! Yesterday morning I had this idea in my head of the image I wanted to use and the dp to go along with it and it didn't take long to come together!

I used Ride 'Em Cowgirl for the image and sentiment and coloured it in using my Copic markers. The dp is by Flair Designs and I used Chocolate chip for the base and Barely Banana for the accents. I added a pop of red with the grosgrain ribbon and dirtied everything up with my Vintage Photo distress ink. Now I also made this card for the Ways to Use It challenge posted yesterday on SCS as well, which was to use a charm. Well, I wanted to use antique copper brads and accents but the only charm I had to go with this creation, was silver. So instead I gave the 'illusion' of a charm, by adding a loop of linen thread under the ribbon and attaching a heart shaped brad through the thread. It matched!!

Well, I'm off to work again this afternoon but I'm excited because it's my last shift this week and I have the whole weekend off!! Yay! I am planning to go to The London Scrapbook Expo tomorrow morning, so be sure to grab me if you see me!! I'll probably be wearing my pink and black MFTDT t-shirt or carrying my MFT tote bag, so I'll be easy to spot!!!

Be sure to stop back here tomorrow for some exciting High Hopes news!!! Heehee!!

5 comments:

Rach said...

fabulous cowgirl card Kimmie, great idea with the heart brad.
have fun at the london scrapbook expodition tomorrow. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

Great card Kimmie! Love the dp and the 'charm' idea is awesome, what a great fit for that style of card. nd

Diane said...

Super cute Kimmie!!
Have fun at the expo,you lucky girl! Ooh,can't wait to see what your news is!!
Please,please,please,can you let me know what white cs you use from walmart to stamp your images?
craftscar@hotmail.com
Thanks,Diane

Kim said...

What a fantabulous card! I love how you made your "own" charm! Very cute! Have a GREAT weekend not working! That's exciting!
Hugs~ Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...