High Hopes Challenge #14!!


Good morning stampers!!! Wow! What a crazy day yesterday was!!! You know that I was going in to work yesterday morning to work all day on Saturday, right?? (boooo!) Well, when I got there, the whole block was barricaded off and I had to drive around and finally found a space where I could squeeze my car through and got to the library through another parking lot. Well, when I got inside, they told me we were closing!!! Haha!! Apparently with all the cold temperatures lately, a watermain broke up the street overnight and there was ice all over the area, especially in front of the library. SO, I got to come home!!! How awesome is that??

When I got home, my honey had breakfast all ready for me and then we took off and went shopping in London. Wanna know where I went??? I went to Michael's (because I had a coupon of course) and we also drove out to Scrappin' Great Deals!!! I scooped up a few things for my Mom and I also got the heart shaped scalloped Nesties for myself! Then I came home and stamped!! Yippeeeee!

Enough chatter, Kim, on to the card!! So today's challenge is brought to us by the lovely and talented, Niki!! She is challenging us to make a card for a DUDE!! That means a card for a boy or guy in your life and NO FLOWERS!! Heehee! I'll admit, that's a challenge for me!!

So I decided to use Leo! Doesn't he just look lovely and cuddly?? I stamped him on some Manga paper that my friend Andrea gave me. It's made especially for using with the Copic markers and this was the first chance I'd had to try it out! It worked really well and it has like a shiny surface so that the ink blends on the top of the paper rather than being absorbed by the paper. Anyway, I'm really happy with the colour blending that I was able to achieve with this paper.

The card base is a 6x6 Chocolate Chip square and the patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye. I cut Leo out using my Nestabilities and added some chocolate satin ribbon. I finished it off by adding some brown buttons and stamping the Mane sentiment on So Saffron!




Now pop on over to the High Hopes Blog and check out the amazing designs by the Divas for this challenge! Then go ahead and join in the fun....you could win some awesome High Hopes stamps!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

24 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is gorgeous Kimmie, love the papers and your big bow, Your colouring of Leo is awesome.. he was the first HH stamp I ever coloured, Hugs, Nikki x

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Great card! The lion is adorable! Dude cards are always SO hard to make!!

CraftE-Blog said...

Your cards are incredible!

retiredheather said...

Gotta love a `storm day shopping trip`! Great card. Love the colors.
Hugs
Heather

Cheryl said...

What an amazing card and your colouring is fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Your colouring is astounding, it looks amazing!!!!! I can't wait to spend the day stamping! Onto the High Hopes challenge I go!
Oh, and I think I like using that paper the best too. Next shopping trip I will take you to the art store so we can stock up.

Karen Motz said...

What a fun card! Fabulous colouring with the copics.

sumbine said...

Fabulous card, i love your coloring!

Caroline said...

Stunning card and I love this image. Caroline x

annemarie said...

great card, and the lion is coloured amazing

hugs Annemarie

Janneke said...

Your card is great Kim ;)

X Janneke

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim! I love your card! That HH stamp is my fave! You know what else? We have the same name, and we both spent the day yesterday at Michael's, and then Scrappin' Great Deals! LOL

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, Kimmie!! I love the patterned papers and your coloring is wonderful! So cute!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great card! I haven´t seen this stamp before. It´adorable.
x Natasha x

Kelly Schelske said...

Wonderful "dude" card Kimmie!!

Naoual said...

Gorgeous card Kimmie!

xx Naoual

Anonymous said...

Leo is so handsome with that awesome mane!! You did a fab job coloring, wow! I love the colors on the paper...may have to find me some. And I love the tilted sentiment as well. Who said this was a "challenge"? You made it look so easy!
~Lacey

Tracey said...

Love this Kimmie! Leo looks fabulous!!

Lori said...

I love the lion! What did you use to color him in?

Janette said...

I love this one Kimmie! Leo looks great and the papers you chose work so well with it

Jodi said...

What a really great card! I just love the way you colored your lion. Perfect colors for a guy's card. =)
Hugs,
Jodi

Crissy Armstrong said...

Just fantastic, Kim! YOu know I love this one!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is so punny! Your coloring of the lion is amazing. TYFS!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...