Sunday, January 18, 2009
Good morning stampers!!! Wow! What a crazy day yesterday was!!! You know that I was going in to work yesterday morning to work all day on Saturday, right?? (boooo!) Well, when I got there, the whole block was barricaded off and I had to drive around and finally found a space where I could squeeze my car through and got to the library through another parking lot. Well, when I got inside, they told me we were closing!!! Haha!! Apparently with all the cold temperatures lately, a watermain broke up the street overnight and there was ice all over the area, especially in front of the library. SO, I got to come home!!! How awesome is that??
When I got home, my honey had breakfast all ready for me and then we took off and went shopping in London. Wanna know where I went??? I went to Michael's (because I had a coupon of course) and we also drove out to Scrappin' Great Deals!!! I scooped up a few things for my Mom and I also got the heart shaped scalloped Nesties for myself! Then I came home and stamped!! Yippeeeee!
Enough chatter, Kim, on to the card!! So today's challenge is brought to us by the lovely and talented, Niki!! She is challenging us to make a card for a DUDE!! That means a card for a boy or guy in your life and NO FLOWERS!! Heehee! I'll admit, that's a challenge for me!!
So I decided to use Leo! Doesn't he just look lovely and cuddly?? I stamped him on some Manga paper that my friend Andrea gave me. It's made especially for using with the Copic markers and this was the first chance I'd had to try it out! It worked really well and it has like a shiny surface so that the ink blends on the top of the paper rather than being absorbed by the paper. Anyway, I'm really happy with the colour blending that I was able to achieve with this paper.
The card base is a 6x6 Chocolate Chip square and the patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye. I cut Leo out using my Nestabilities and added some chocolate satin ribbon. I finished it off by adding some brown buttons and stamping the Mane sentiment on So Saffron!
Now pop on over to the High Hopes Blog and check out the amazing designs by the Divas for this challenge! Then go ahead and join in the fun....you could win some awesome High Hopes stamps!!!
Have a wonderful day!!
- Kraftin' Kimmie
- I have been stamping and papercrafting for about 8 years! I am married to a wonderfully supportive guy, Al and we have a gorgeous daughter, Emileigh who is the light of our lives! It has always been my dream to own my own stamp company and now that dream is becoming a reality thanks to many friends and my family!
Kimmie's Krafty Girls!!
Teams I Design For:
I've Been Published!!!
Authors I love!!
Text and pictures © Kim Reid; All rights reserved. The content in this blog
may not be copied or used without written permission from myself. All photos are
for personal use only and may not be copied for submission to contests,
magazines, or any other use. All posts are my personal thoughts or words, or the
personal thoughts and words of my readers and may not be reproduced without
permission. Thanks in advance for your respect. :)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (118)
- Bloom Where You Are Planted!!!
- Will a Cookie Help?
- Warm and Cozy!!
- Brads Galore!!!
- A Shimmerz Tutorial!!!
- Whiff of Joy Party Mouse!!
- Is there anything better than a Stampin' Friend???...
- High Hopes Challenge #15 - Hearts!!!
- ATS Challenge #33 - Faux Stitching!!
- My Heart's a Flutter!!
- I'm Totally Diggin' You!!
- Another MFT Blog Hop!!!
- I Love You, Tilda!
- Birds of a Feather!
- High Hopes Challenge #14!!
- Happy Birthday Donkey....and a Party Announcement!...
- Thanks a Latte!!!
- I'm Maid for You.....and an Accident Report...
- Double Pocket Bag Challenge!
- Owl Always Love You!
- Kim and Tara Challenge.....#4!!!
- Whiff of Joy Exciting News!!
- High Hopes Challenge #13!
- You Make My Heart Hop!!
- Happy Birthday....Ya Old Goat!!!
- Lizze Anne Designs Release Party....Tonight!!!
- Just Plane Fun!!
- MFT January Release and Blog Hop!!!!
- Welcome Home!!
- January MFTeaser!!!
- HH Challenge #12!!!
- Kisses and Hugs!!
- New Whiff of Joys!!!!
- Snow Friends!!
- LAD Warm Wishes Project!!
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2008 (388)