Miss Anya is HERE!!!!


OH, I've been waiting and waiting (not so patiently) for my Miss Anyas to arrive!!! There are so many little kiddie stamps on the market but so few teenage ones....until Miss Anya arrived!!! She SO reminds me of my Emileigh....the shopping queen!!! (Don't know where she gets it!! *blush*) I ordered mine from All That Scraps but they are sold out right now. I do know that The Town Scrapper is expecting an order sometime soon though.

So I sat down and got to play with my new Miss Anyas AND some awesome new Copic paper!! I actually got this paper when I was in Toronto a couple of weeks ago but this is the first chance I've had to actually sit down and experiment with it. Well, let me tell you, it's AWESOME!! It's thicker than the Wausau that I am used to and it's more like a watercolour paper in a way. You don't have to be as careful with your colouring because the paper soaks up the ink right away and it doesn't have a chance to bleed as easily. Also the colours of the ink seem to be a truer colour and not quite as stark as on the Wausau. Anyhoo, if you'd like to try it (it's quite a bit more expensive than the Wausau), it's Canson 150lb Drawing Paper and here is a link to where I got it: https://www.currys.com/product.htm?Product=C7022194&Source=Category&Category=A143B000863

So I decided that this sassy shopping Anya needed to be dressed in purples so I pulled out my as yet untouched 6x6 pad of Eva dp by Basic Grey. The 6x6 card base is Perfect Plum and the accent cardstock is Pale Plum. The wonderful layout is from this week's Friday Sketchers challenge and it worked perfectly with this gal!

I used Eva brads and attached Prima hydrangeas and used some plum satin ribbon from Club Wed and hung a little purse charm using silver cord. The sentiment is from an AmyR sentiments set and was perfect for this gal!




I tell you, the blending was so easy with this paper and there were no stark lines where the colours met. I was also able to do a little cloudy shading around her sides about halfway up, near her hair. It might be so light you can't even see it in the pics, but it looks fab in real life. I used my colorless blender for one of the first times and it actually worked with this paper! I'm so happy!

Anyhooooo, it's my pal Andrea's birthday today and I'm going over to her house to play ALL DAY!!! yaaaaaaaaaay!!! I've packed up all my Copics and stamped a bunch of images and brought some yummy papers to be inspired with!! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!!!

Mwah!!!

23 comments:

dpkennedy said...

She's so pretty! Gorgeous dp for her too!!

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Kimmie!! Love the purples and the beautiful ribbon and fun charm, love it!!

Have fun!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty Kimmie, the colours that you have chosen are gorgeous, hugs rachxx

Francien said...

Beautyful!!!!she has such lovely shiny hair too...awesome card...you did a good job on the coloring..supercard!
Have fun today!!
greetings Francien

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Kimmie.

hugs Riet.x

Naoual said...

Beautiful card Kimmie! Have fun today!!

xx Naoual

Caroline said...

Wow! I really love it. Great image and papers and a fab layout. Caroline x

CraftyC said...

I've got these stamps to Kimmie but have yet found the time to ink them up. Love your card, so pretty! Have fun today!
Clairexx

kaylou said...

wow love this great colours and design 9i want anyas too)
HUGS kAYLOU XOXO

Anonymous said...

Just peekin at your's and Andrea's blogs thru Scrappin' GDs. What fun. Toronto looked like a BLAST. This Miss Anya is such a beautiful example of PERFECT copic coloring and blending. Cards don't get any better than this. Just STUNNING. Have fun playing at the birthday girl's...

Danielle said...

This is an awesome card Kimmie! Your colouring with the copics is really fab and I just adore these colours and those BG papers!!
Have a fun day!
Hugs, Danielle

Tara Godfrey said...

Kim, this is absolutely stunning....I just adore everything about this card and the papers are so fab and purples, mauves, eggplant colours are so in fashion now....the handbag charm is perfect!!! You are so inspiring!!! I want to get these cutties too! This Anya reminds me of my Hannah too!!! Will keep my eyes peeled at ATS!!!!
Hugs,t

Katie Cotton said...

this is absolutely fab! i love the highlights!

Michele Spera said...

Kimmie
What can I say...the card is lovely! The eva paper was perfect:-) I have that line in a pad and haven't pulled it out to look at it, but its wonderful with you colored image! I may have to look at that paper you are loving! you shaded the image beautiful!!
Nice work
michele spera
Have fun at your friends playing with your copics:-)

Crissy Armstrong said...

Kim! That paper has changed the way your shading and blending looks! I love the new look! This is an awesome card, from the papers to the colors to the sketch. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kimmie, I love this Miss Anya too.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole x

deifen said...

What a gorgeous card Kimmie!I've had my eye on Miss Anya for a while and now I need it !!The papers are delish and your colouring is flawless!
Enjoy your crafting day!
Dei x

Tracey said...

Love Miss Anya! A gorgeous card Kimmie!! xx

Christine said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful card!!! I LOVE the colors you used and I am so impressed with your highlighting. It really makes your image pop. Wonderful work as always. I am so glad I have you on my RSS feed so I don't miss a single post. Have a wonderful day!
xoxo, Christine

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful. Love it! Happy Easter!

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Your card is amazing Kimmie--great colours, DP and design--I so need to get some Anya stamps! Thanks too for the tip on the paper.
Blessings,
Sarah

Tracy said...

Ohhhhh Kimmie I love this card. The purple is perfect for her. Your coloring is off the charts fantastic!!

Diane said...

Oh Kimmie,she is so sweet!!! Love your coloring as always and that paper is awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...