Challenge 89 - WHAT????

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That's me screaming after finding out the challenge for this week! Started having heart palpitations and everything!!! hahaha!

Our fabulous hostess this week (and big ol' meanie....*giggle*) is DONNA!!! She has asked us to make a card with NO EMBELLISHMENTS!! Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? That's right....NO embellishments!! No ribbon, no buttons, no brads, no twine, no nuthin'!! We are allowed to use any kinds of paper....punches....and sewing, but that's pretty much it. Now do you see why I screamed?



I honestly can't make a card without most of that stuff on it...at the same time. So this was obviously a super hard challenge for me. But I did it! yaaaay! I used the lovely Mizuki for my creation and I pulled out some fun shiny papers from the Taj Mahal collection from DCWV. They have pretty gold flowers on them and I thought they looked perfect with the image.



I coloured Mizuki up using coordinating Copic markers and only decorated my card with strips of paper and a few flower punches. I think the papers were fancy enough that I didn't really need much else! I also decorated the inside of the card (which I never do) and added the sentiment that comes with the stamp!



Now hop on over to the challenge blog and check out the other embellishment-less cards for your inspiration!! And don't forget that this week's Frugal Friday specials and also our July Gimme Kimmies Kits are only available until Sunday night!!

Happy kraftin'!

4 comments:

Amanda R said...

Gorgeous card Kimmie! I think any embellishments would have taken away from that paper and how you cut out the bottom of her dress. Love it!

Tracey said...

This is just beautiful Kimmie!! I love the papers you have used!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is truly stunning, Kimmie - your coloring is so beautiful, you don't need to distract from it with embellishments!

Angie said...

Your card is gorgeous and I really like the way you finished the inside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...