More VSN stuff!!



I did two other cards for Virtual Stamping Night over the weekend. This first one is going to be Emileigh's birthday card. Can you believe that she will be 15 years old tomorrow?? Aaack!! It's not right I tell ya! Wasn't it just yesterday that I was that age? Sure feels like it!!

The challenge was to create a French card using either French stamps, French words, a stamp like French Flair or something like that. I have the set Paris in the Spring and decided to use that. I stamped the girl on the scooter on Pearlized white paper by Paper Accents (it is similar to the shimmer paper by SU) and coloured her in using my SU markers (love those things). I used some DCWV patterned paper to draw the colours from and ran it through my Cuttlebug and the D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I used the ticket corner punch and added small brads, put some fabric ribbon from the $ store on the bottom, added some Prima flowers and pop-dotted the main image! Ooh, la, la!! A pretty French birthday card for ma chere!!



The last card I was able to do for VSN was to use the Emboss Resist technique. I stamped the flowers from Doodle This in versamark on my last piece of glossy cardstock (note to self - order more glossy cardstock) and clear embossed it. Then I brayered over it with Pixie Pink, then stamped more flowers in Basic Black. I ticket corner punched the corners and drew in some faux brads, stamped the image agan on Whisper White, coloured it in and added the sentiment 'bloom' with my Karen Foster Snap Stamps and punched it in a circle. Then I used my Giga Scalloped Circle to punch a black piece and used my white gel pen on it and pop dotted the whole image. I added some black grosgrain and Prima flowers again. I'm really happed with everything I made for VSN!

Oh and for those of you checking in for the blog candy..........the winner is:
tyrymom29 who said...
WOW congrats on all the hits !!!!
Two things about MOi!!
1.I live in a small town in Ontario Canada .(where SHANIA comes from)
2.I love being outdoors , Gardening ,fishing ,camping ,but I am PETRIFIED of spiders just the big crunchy ones ....lol and I HATE mosquitos .

Congrats tyrymom29, and email me with your snail mail address and I'll get your goodies out to you !!

I have to say, it was so much fun learning things about all of you!! And I have so many things in common with you!! Like....I like the smell of Stazon too...and I am a terribly fussy eater....I'm terrified of snakes....and I'm addicted to blogs too!! Haha! We'll have to do this again soon!!!

Happy Stampin'!!!

10 comments:

Ila said...

Wow!! Georgeous cards!! I especially like the birthday card for your daughter...so cute.

DeniseLynn said...

Oooooo I just love these 2 cards. Both so fun and springy!!! Yea! Congrats to the gals who won.

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving all of your cards,these and the last ones. They are so bright and cheerful and perfect!!!

tyrymom29 said...

Thank you !!!! I cannot believe I won .....Thanks so much !!!

Rochelle W said...

I love both cards. The first one is so bright and cheery. What a great birthday card. I also love the colors on the second one. Great job on the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable cards missy!! Congrats to your winner. What a haul of great toys!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love that Paris in the Spring card - just fabulous! You are just rocking these challenge cards, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your Doodle card. Great colors...TFS!

MarieK said...

Love the cards Kim! So fun and bright.

I just bought that same square paper yesterday to do a Sponge Bob explosion book for my niece.

I'll have it on my blog soon!

VMS and ScrapbookingOasis said...

Gorgeous Cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...