Herd It's Your Birthday!! Tee hee!!!


WOW!! This is my 100th post!! That's got to mean we are getting close to a Sketch Challenge and some Kimmie Kandy, right??? Keep your eyes peeled.....we're closing in on 20,000 visitors!!!

Okay, so this card was a ton of fun to make!! I absolutely HAD to try out this technique that Colleen posted on her blog, Distinctive Touches!! The idea is to make some regular old Creamy Caramel Cardstock look like wood!! Sounds like it would be some big, difficult, time consuming and messy project right??? Wrong!! It was so super easy!! Check out Colleen's great faux wood tutorial for the instructions!!

My niece Summer is a total nut for horses!! She's been riding them since she was young and she's turning 25 in a week or so. SOOOOOOOOO....I had to make her a cute card with my new horsie stamp!! So first, I made the totally cool background piece using Colleen's instructions!! Now does that look like the side of a barn, or does that look like the side of a barn!! I LOVE it!! So the card base is Chocolate Chip and is 6x6. I stamped the Magenta horsie stamp three times in a row across shimmery white cardstock with my Archival Versafine Onyx Black ink and used my Prismacolour pencils, odorless mineral spirits and blending stumps to do the bodies. But I didn't have a pencil close enough to the colour of the Rose Red Palette of Prints dp that I wanted to use, so I used my Rose Red SU marker for the saddles. Then I used a makeup sponge (you know the wedgey lookin' thicker ones) to distress all around the images with CC ink. I matted it on the dp, added some new Brown Prima Sprites with a button and some linen thread. Then I used four copper brads in the corners and added the sentiment, using my Karen Foster Snap Stamps!! Now I KNOW what you are saying.....it's actually a TEAM of horses, but I think 'HERD' is way cuter!! And I know Summer will love it!!

I am actually posting this on Monday evening because I am working all day on Tuesday....booooooooo....hissssssssss!! Notice that my Kartoon Kimmie avatar is dressed all professional-like and is hangin' out in the book stacks at the library today!! Anyhoo, have a lovely Tuesday and I'll see you on Wednesday!! Toodles!!

13 comments:

Rochelle W said...

I love your card. This is soooo cute. Great saying too.

Rochelle W said...

Ok, I have to comment again. I didn't read your post very well. I missed the part about you making the background to look like wood. I totally thought it was paper. Great job on that!

Viv said...

I just love that stamp! What a cute card and the background looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your niece is going to LOVE this...I love the background!

Colleen Schaan said...

Yippie! I just adore your card! That horse stamp is just too cute. (I had no idea is was a team...I thought herd was fun too.) Thanks for the nice link...your background turned out AWESOME...and isn't it so easy? Your niece will love the card.

Lisa C. said...

this is too totally cute, I love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable, Kimmie. Love the card and your faux wood looks amazing! Wish I was hanging out in amongst stacks of books instead of a big ole stack of mess! :)

Kristine said...

Oh, this SOO ROCKS! Such a C-U-T-E card!! :) Totally makes me smile!

Stampernmore said...

I love the horse, I will have to get that one!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love it!! very cute

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

So cute!

michelle sturgeon said...

I love those horses! They crack me up!

Anonymous said...

ohhh, I'm so sad! Magenta's minimum is $50.00! Not that I couldn't easily spent that much at one time but not after I just attended a local stamp expo Ö
Your card is just absolutely adorable Ü

Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...