Just Wanted to Say 'HAY'!!! *giggle*



So this week on SCS they are having a rockin' good party with some 'Dare to Get Dirty' challenges and I SO wanna play!! There are three challenges each day plus EIGHT on Saturday and Sunday!! Unfortunately..........I have a JOB which keeps getting in the way!! Argh!! But I was able to do one of them this morning before work!

The challenge was to make a card FOR a pet, FROM a pet OR OF a pet! Well, I figured most people would be doing dogs or cats, so I pulled out my FAVOURITE Magenta Horsie stamp!! I stamped it in shimmery white cardstock with Archival Versafine Black Onyx ink and used my Prismacolour pencils and Odourless Mineral Spirits to blend it, then added some shading with my Sahara Sand SU marker and doodled with my Black journaler. The patterned paper I used is my FAVE Basic Grey paper, Blush!! I LOVE the colour combos in it, so the cardstock I used for the card base and matting is Taken With Teal. I added some yummy grosgrain ribbon and stamped my sentiment on a BG tag and pop dotted the main image. The finishing touch was the pair of NEW jumbo eyelets in the corner!

HEY!!! Look at the counter over there!!! It looks like I've passed 30,000 visitors!! How FREAKIN' AWESOME is THAT????? I still can't believe people wanna come and look at MY stuff!! Wow!! Well, you know what that means.........a CHALLENGE..........with some Kimmie's Kandy!!! All you have to do is make a card using today's card as inspiration and link it here in this posting or email it to me. Since there are SO many challenges going on at SCS this week, I'll leave it open until next Friday night at midnight EST, so that you have a chance to join in the fun!! Then I'll pick a winner.....or maybe two!! Now WHAT should the prizes be?? I'll have to think about that one!! Have an awesome Friday!!! MWAH!!!

22 comments:

Corie said...

This is a FANTASTIC card!! Love the colors you used. Great job on the challenge!

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, this is fantastic, love that stamp and the colors you used are just awesome.

Risa said...

Cute card Kimmie!

Colleen Schaan said...

WOW...how adorable. I just LOVE that horsey stamp...he/she looks just so happy.

What a great layout...totally playing in your challenge!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Kimmie! The colours are great and I love the layout. Awesome!!nd

Dottie K. said...

This is just so cute! I love that horse stamp. The coloring is beautiful. TFS Congrats on 30,000. :)

Mary said...

Whoa! Your card is gorgeous. Your colors are great! Congratulations for having 30,000 visitors to your blog. You go girl.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. I just love that stamp!

Melissa said...

I love this card Kimmy!! It's so cute and fun :)

Sharon in NE said...

Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss your blog. Your work is so incredible. I look forward to every post.

9kids said...

Love the card, and I'm up for the challenge. I'll email you my entry, since I have no idea how to link it here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the challenge. I love to get new inspirations. You can view mine at SCS under 'adisneyfreak' galllery
www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/sowphoto.php?photo=628386&cat=500&ppuser=118582

Mary said...

First of all I *love* the card that you made. The colors look wonderful together and I love the horse stamp that you used. How cute is he? Was your challenge for last Friday or this up coming Friday? Congratulations on reaching over 30,000. Why are you so surprised that so many people would stop by your blog? Your cards are always beautiful and speaking for myself, I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

Mary

DoxieGirl said...

dag nab! I was hoping to be the first one to post my card for your challenge! I even told people about your challenge in my upload of my card on SCS... aren't you proud, I'm not trying to hoarde the contest all to myself!
Anyways, I had an awesome time with your sketch! I love those jumbo eyelets, but hadn't used them on anything yet, so that was fun!
You can see my card on my blog:
http://apigonfire.blogspot.com/
Crossing my fingers that I win! :)
~Kendra

Mary said...

I am so going to try and make a card for your challenge today. :)

Mary

Mary said...

I'm so excited! I was able to make a card for your challenge and also make this card for my husband. :) Thanks for the challenge Kimmie. I really enjoyed it. Here is my card.

http://itsallaboutthejourney.typepad.com/its_all_about_the_journey/2007/08/happy-anniversa.html

stamp and scrape said...

You have completely bowled me over with this colour scheme. A gorgeous design too. Here's my take on the design.
Ros

http://stampandscrape.blogspot.com/2007/08/hi-wired.html

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you reminded us. With the dirty dare on SCS, I totally forgot. This is the fastest card I've made all week. I used similar colors to yours and a horse! Wish I had your stamp - love that horse (and the mate). Here's my link:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/630606?nocache=1

Christine said...

Hi there, I finally made a card for your sketch challenge. That was a fun layout.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/630793?cat=7177

Thanks for the challenge. Best wishes, Christine Baker

Diane said...

Congrats on all your hits...not surprising at all that everyone is checking out your blog cause it's awesome...Love that card by the way,he's so cute!

Cheryl KVD said...

Hi Kimmie! Here is my card...I made it for my kitty, who thinks she is a princess.

http://cakvd2.blogspot.com/2007/08/exquisite-kitty-card.html

Thanks for the fun challenge and the awesome sketch!
Cheryl KVD

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW, very cute card!! You are very talented! I'm glad Tina pointed me in your direction!! I think I'm going to love your blog!!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...