Shiver Me Timbers!!!


My godson is turning five years old this week and I needed to make him a special card!! I don't own the Stampin' Up set, Ahoy Matey! but a friend sent me some images to play with! So play I did!!

When I saw Colleen's Thursday Throwdown challenge to make a Tent Topper card, I KNEW I had to make time to do it!! I've never done one before and it's super easy and super cute!!

The images were stamped with Black Stazon ink on Whisper White cardstock and I used my SU markers to colour the little pirate in! I punched him out (that doesn't sound good, does it?) with my Mega Circle punch and also a Giga Scalloped punch in Basic Black to mat him on. I doodled some tough barbed wire looking stuff around the edge and also added some Ice Stickles on his sword and hooked hand and also in the scallops. The patterned paper I used is from the Once Upon a Time line and looks just like old parchment. I also coloured in the treasure chest and parrot and cut them out. The sentiment is actually a Cat's Pajamas stamp that I own and I LOVE that saying!! I stamped it directly on the patterned paper with Archival Versafine ink in Black Onyx. I added some eyelets and some rough looking linen thread and then pop dotted the main image!! And there ya have a Tent Topper!! Pretty cool and I think Cameron will like it.....although, I'm sure he'll be MORE interested in the present that the card is attached to!!

Don't forget that today is the last day to enter my challenge to win some newly released High Hopes Rubber Stamps!! You have until midnight tonight and I will announce the two random winners tomorrow morning!!!

Also I will have a really awesome Kool Krafter to introduce you to!!! Can you guess who it might be??? Hmmmmmm......

9 comments:

Colleen Schaan said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I just love this little guy...what a perfect topper card. He will love it!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, perfect for a little boy, that bird is my favorite, so cute.

Anonymous said...

What can I say Kim, you've done it again. Awesome job!! I think I'm going to stop trying. nd

Ida said...

Very CUTE card! I have yet to try a Tent Topper card (guess I'd best give it a try). Ida

Mary said...

Oh I am sure that your little Godson is going to love his birthday card. I like that you made it in a topper card. One of these days I will make a topper card too. It is on my huge list of things to make. :) You card is awesome.

Mary

Beth Thomas said...

That is such a cute card. I love the "distressed" look! That and the color combo is perfect for this stamp set!

mum-on-the-run said...

That's great!!

I LOVE it :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love the saying.

Anonymous said...

This card is just ADORABLE! I thought i'd commented on it already, but I don't see my comment now. Hmm. Well, here's another one for you anyway! =) LOVE IT! OH, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the sheep one you posted today too! *grin*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...