You're TUTU Sweet!!


Good morning, good morning!! Well, it feels like a Monday to me, so it ain't that good!! Hahahaha!! The 4 day weekend was fabulous, but now that it's done, it feels like it flew by!! Hope everyone had some nice relaxing time over the weekend, whether it was with family, or in the backyard or......stampin'!!!

I did get to do some stamping yesterday. I finished designing my 5 cards for my upcoming Katalogue Kickoff party, and it was fun to play with new inks and cardstock and stamps! I did some watercolouring and some faux embossing and I think the ladies will have a fun time creating them!!

I've been having a real hoot reading everyone's guesses about my new stamps!!! A few people have commented on my 'Piggies in Tutus' stamps!!! So I just HAD to address that.........they are Hedgehogs!! BAahahahaaaaaa!!! Now, I'm not saying it's one of my new stamps (I can't give you any hints, ya know) but I felt that I must use it on a card for today so that you can see just how cute it really is.....AND prove that they are not piggies!! Heehee!!

So I stamped those little cuties on shimmery paper using my Black Onyx Versafine ink. Then I chose my patterned paper, trying to pick some that had pink in it for sure, because I knew that I wanted the finished card to be super-girlie!! So this paper is from The Paper Studio and I coloured in the image using my Stampin' Up markers in these colours.....Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Gable Green and Sahara Sand for the shading. I used my Stardust Sakura Gel Pen to add sparkle to their tutus, shoes and ribbons, then matted it on PIP and added some pretty pink rhinestones in the corners. The sentiment is made using my Karen Foster Snap Stamps and it says 'You're TUTU Sweet!". Heehee! Then I added three ties on the left hand side using some wonderfully soft pink ribbon that my Secret Friend sent me last month. I'm really pleased with the final product and I think I will send it to a special little girl!!

Well, I must be off.....gotta work all day today!! Have a good one and don't forget to enter to win some Kimmie's Kandy!!! Toodles!!

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, this card is adorable, reminds me of the dancing hippos in Fantasia. Great card

Mary said...

This is the sweetest stamp! You did a beautiful job in making it come to life on a card. :)

Mary

michelle sturgeon said...

What a great card! those hedghogs are TuTu cute!

Linda SS said...

So adorable! My 5 yr. old granddaughter just had her recital and this would have been such a perfect card. Guess I'll have to hunt for that darling stamp:) Thanks for sharing another of your wonderful cards with us.

Anonymous said...

Awww...how adorable are they? They just make me feel like dancin!

I love that long layout too. You are so creative...thanks for the daily inspiration.
hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...