Cami's Tri-Fold Card!!!



I was so excited to see the Cami Tri-Fold Card as the Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS!! I've been wanting to do one of these fancy fold cards forever, but haven't taken the time. And it was SUPER DUPER easy!! No kidding....I was thinking it would be fiddly with the measuring and punching, but NO!! It was a breeze......so see this link if you wanna give it a whirl!! The instructions are awesome!

So I decided that a perfect stamp to showcase in the little circle frame on this card would be my new Snowman stamp by Penny Black that I got last week at Stamp Art! He is just so cute and happy, don'tcha think?? I stamped him on shimmery white cardstock in Archival Versafine Black Onyx ink and then punched him out using my Giga Scalloped Circle Punch. I coloured him in using my Aquapainter and my SU markers and also SU ink. I added some Diamond Stickles on the snow and flakes and a little on his body to give it that freshly fallen snow sparkle!! The designer paper I used is from the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' kit and I LOVE this paper. You want to use double side paper for this technique or you can stamp both sides of some plain cardstock to give it a pattern. For the front I punched a Giga Scalloped Circle out of coordinating Wild Wasabi cardstock and stuck it on the front, then I used my CM cutting system (you could also use your Coluzzle cutting system) to cut a smaller circle out of both layers of the card which creates the frame. Then I added the sentiment which is from My Favorite Things. I used my slit punch to make the little flap to hold the card closed, added an eyelet in the slit/flap and tied a cute little white organdy bow as a finishing touch!! It is a simple fancy fold technique (if there is such a thing......simple AND fancy...haha) and I will definitely be using it again!!

It sounds like you all are just as excited about the Kard Kontest as I am!! I've already received a couple of entries for the challenges!! You are so enthusiastic!! And I have lots of prizes, so be sure to join in the fun. See the post below for all the details on how to win some yet-to-be-unveiled stamps from High Hopes Rubber Stamps!! Yay!!!

12 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome Kim!

Melissa Craig said...

This is really cute Kimmie! I have got to try this fold. I've seen it, too, but I haven't taken the time to try it. I just picked up a Penny Black snow-couple stamp that I think would be perfect for this!! Thanks for the inspiration.

michelle sturgeon said...

Awww...what an awesomly cute snowman!

Colleen Schaan said...

what a neat fold...cute card too! I love the idea of using double sided paper...great colors!

Libby Hickson said...

What an adorable snowman! And I love the color combo you used.

2 Worlds said...

I saw that tutoria maybe Im going to give a try.
Your's is gorgeous !

Carin said...

What a lovely, cute card! I really love this technique of the tri-fold card!!

Pat said...

This is too cute! I just purchased this stamp...thanks for a great idea!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Cute! Great image and I love the DP... TFS!

jodene said...

Very pretty card. Love the snowman.

Anonymous said...

Very cute.

Chris (catt871) said...

Soooo soooo cute!!! You have inspired me to try Cami's card!!! I was scared to try it, it looked hard!!!! Thanks for the inspiration - this card is FAB!!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...