A Best Friend.....



After a loooooong day of work, I love to come home and colour. It's so relaxing....really. Don't you think so?? If someone had told me a few years ago that I would love lined images and like to colour in my images with fancy schmancy markers, I would have said you were insane! Totally, not my thing. I never even took art in school. But I've really grown to love it and that's really my extent of being 'artsy'!

Back to my long day at work. Yesterday was supposed to be my day off, but I was covering for my boss, so I worked 9-5pm. So it was Monday morning and guess what my first question of the day was? I had a lady call me at the reference desk and ask me 'Can you give me a list of all the Clown Clubs in Melbourne, Australia?'......you should have seen the look on my face. I almost asked her if she was serious, or if this was a prank phone call!!! Really, we hear the most bizarre questions!!!

Anyway, I come home to soothe my aching brain by colouring my stamps!! heehee!! I love to join in the different challenges that are posted all over the 'stamping world' and there are so many to choose from. One of my favourites is Cute Card Thursday, 'cause ya know I love CUTE!!! This week's challenge is a fabulous sketch, which I got a chance to play with over the weekend!!

I pulled out a sitting Tilda from the Shabby Chic collection and some lovely papers from the Nana's Nursery Baby Boy Stack from DCWV. Now I originally didn't have the dark blue/green Copic marker to match these papers in the sets that I had, but I asked my pal, Michelle which one she used in her card, and she shared with me that it was BG72 Ice Ocean. SO that's the first one I grabbed when I visited Mary Maxim a couple of weekends ago. Thanks, Michelle!!!




Also, I thought I'd also let you know that I've found a new favourite marker for the skin tone! I'm really lovin' E02 Pink Flamingo, that I picked up at the same time! It's more of a pinky tone to it and then I use E02 Fruit Pink to blend into the cheeks.

So I used textured Blue Bayou for the 6x6 square base and layered two of the sparkly papers from the stack and tied wide grosgrain ribbon in Certainly Celery around the middle. I scalloped the bottom of the top layer of dp and punched a tiny hole in each scallop too. I made a little cameo type layer from Very Vanilla and Soft Sky for Tilda to sit on and added those lovely sheer blossoms and leaves by Creative Impressions with glitter brads. The sentiment layer is popped up and I used a stamp from my new Full of Live SU set. Of course, Tilda is pop dotted on her perch and I added some highlights with white acrylic paint.

Well, I'm off to work again today, all day. Hopefully I don't get any crazy questions today....just simple ones! Hope you have a lovely sunny day where you are!!!

25 comments:

Anita Knits said...

Oooh, lovely card. I like the blue you have coloured her in with, have to get that colour when I'm next out. Have a great day at work.

Anita Knits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! Kimmie, this card is stunning, elegant and cute all in warped up in one awesome package! You rock!!! I love how your new colours work for the skin tone...great job! I think I will have to try the Cute card sketch...thanks for the inspiration!

Maria said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the DP, image and your colouring. I don't usually use a lot of blue but after seeing this card, I am inspired. Thanks for sharing.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

kimmie your card today is wonderful!!!

i also love love the copic colors you talk about. i used them too.
now i forgot the number but if you are interested on a match for blue bayou let me know and i will email you the copic number. i was so surprised what an awesome match it is.

hugs

MichelleO said...

Oh Kimmie this is really so pretty. I am glad you found the "matching" copic marker, I am so in love with these DCWV Nursery Papers... so much so that I picked up two more stacks when they were on sale last week. Love you card, and thanks so much for the link.
HUGS
MichelleO

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love how Tilda is sat on the ribbon and a lovely sentiment

Scrapping Donna said...

Kim, this card is great! I adore the colour scheme!!

Hopefully, you won't have any crazy questions at work today!!

Becca said...

Very sweet card..the Tilda is adorable. The colouring amazing as usual.
Bela

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Lovely card very nice coloring and yes coloring is for me relaxing.

Linda said...

Lovely card. :)

Heidi said...

I love your card kimmie-and the coloring is beautiful.

Hugs from
heidi

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow, what a wonderful and so cute card. Love the colours and your colouring!
Hugs, Moni

Heidi said...

Kimmie- I agree with you about coloring in lined images. It all started when I got those PM images- love to color again! This one is oh soooooo sweet girl!
Heidi

Beth Thomas said...

This is darling! I love the colors and the papers are perfect for this "shabby chic" little gal! My stamp buddies laugh at me because I find paper cutting relaxing. Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques! Thanks for the skin tone suggestion!

Conibaer said...

This is just beautiful! Love the colours and the way you coloured the image!

Jutta said...

Oooh this card is very very cute!!!

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, wonderful Card. The colors are so great, love it.......

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Kim!Love the blue colors... the lay-out is super... and I like the pretty flowers... TFS!

Unknown said...

I love!!! how she is sitting on the ribbon! THis card is just darling Kimmie! Your coloring is beautiful as always too. I'm still hoping we can get together one of these days! :)

Sarah said...

Wow!!! This is such a gorgeous card!! I really love how you make cards look so simple yet stylish. I love how Tilda is sat on the ribbon, I may have to try this technique if it's okay with you!
xx :0)

Tina said...

Kimmie this one is gorgeous, you are so good with the copics... i just love the different blue hues in this one, your card is stunning... crafty Hugs Tina x

Kari C said...

De-lurking today-this is so cute! I love how she is "sitting" on the ribbon. These stamps are so cute they make me wish I could have a girl!! I enjoy your blog!

Renee said...

Oh my I love this! The colors are wonderful and she is so darn cute!!

Frances said...

sooo cute, love the colours (still at the looking/stroking stage of my pack LOL). Her new skintone looks sunkissed now, love it. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...