Merci, Tilda!!!



I'm having a lot of fun playing with the new Tildas that I got from The Town Scrapper last week!! In fact, I'm colouring so much skintone with my Copic markers, that I've had to order reinkers already!! Yikes!

Today's card features Paris Tilda....isn't she cute?? And this is my attempt at a 'scene' card. I stamped the grass stamped twice, side by side and added a few clouds and a couple of dragonflies. I stamped Tilda on a separate piece of cardstock, then coloured everything in and cut Tilda out. I trimmed down the scenery piece and layered it on Soft Sky. The card base is a Pretty in Pink 6x6 square card layered with Soft Sky and I used a piece of Just Dreamy patterned paper by My Mind's Eye that I also got from The Town Scrapper (Do you think it just might be my favourite local stamp and scrap shop??). The scalloped piece at the top is a diecut strip that came in the collection package along with the scalloped circle piece at the bottom and I just stamped 'merci' on it from one of the SU Sell-a-bration sets. I added two glitter brads at the top, some yummy matching satin ribbon that I picked up at Target and pop dotted everything! Then I added Stardust Stickles to the clouds and the dragonflies' wings. Simple layout, but I don't think it needs anything more!



Well, today is technically supposed to be my day off but I am going in this afternoon to help with a special Open House. A lady that works with us is retiring today after 33 years and we are putting on a tea for her at the library. We'll have lots of setting up and cleaning up to do, but it will hopefully be a nice afternoon for her to say goodbye to all of her friends, coworkers, and patrons. I think I can take a few hours out of stampin' for that!! *wink*

Happy Stampin'!!

18 comments:

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Great card very nice coloring!

Beth Thomas said...

Absolutely love this! I'm trying so hard to resist the new Tilda's but they are calling my name!

MichelleO said...

A wonderful card Kimmie! This Chic Tilda is one of my favorites. She is just so in fashion =)

Have a wonderful Tea!

Tricia T said...

So, so cute! It's just perfect!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Kim! Love the colors, your coloring, the scene, the DP.. TFS!

Marja Sch said...

What awonderful card. Your coloring is fabulous. Hugs Marja

AnnMarie Brown said...

Kim,
The tilda stamps are adorable!!!!

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, beautiful Card, so Cute.......love the coloring....

Heidi said...

Your card is so beautiful Kimmie-love your coloring

Hugs from
heidi

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable and I love your coloring!

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful Kimmie - absolutely adorable. I wish I could get my hands on some Tilda images; they are too cute!!

Heidi said...

Kimmie- oh this is sweet! Can you tell me what colors you used for her face? And how you did it? heidi

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally adorable!! Your coloring is so fabulous!!

Unknown said...

oh kimmie what a cute and so lovely card ... the colours are so brilliant again ... also the layout is wonderful.
hugs, bea

Diane said...

I love your little scene Kimmie!
She's too adorable !!!
What a sweet gesture you are doing for the retired lady,doesn't surprise me a bit.You are such a kind person,it's something you would do!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

sophia landry said...

Gorgeous Kimmie!! Your coloring is really getting great! I love this color combo, and this Tilda!

Jenna said...

Kimmie, I love love love her!!! Thanks for sharing.. merci!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super cute kimmie.
love this card.

did you get your DT package too?
i was reading on sophias blog she got hers.
oh.. i push my thumbs for you
hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...