Well, Shiver Me Timbers!!!



I had yet to play with the Pirate line of stamps that have just been released by High Hopes, so this weekend I made this one!!!

I pulled out Peg Leg Pete and stamped him on Wausau bright white cardstock using Archival Brilliance Graphite Black ink and coloured him in using my Copic markers. This guy looks JUST like a cute pirate should, with his skull and crossbones, his sword, his 'pirate shirt' and his peg leg!! Hahaha! I sponged around the main image with Tea Dye ink by Ranger using a cosmetic wedge sponge. Then I took my distressing tool and roughed it all up. I did the same to the Really Rust layer underneath and then added three antique brads on the upper right.



The 'old' paper underneath is just a piece of dp from the Once Upon a Time DCWV stack and I crumpled it all up several times, distressed the edges and stamped the sentiment on it. I attached it to the Not Quite Navy card base and wrapped some linen thread around it three times. I pop dotted the main image and that's the front!!



Then I made a layer for the inside using the Anchor and another sentiment. I think any little pirate would enjoy receiving a card with those cute stamps on it!!! Don't you, Savvy??

Don't forget that you have until Sunday night to get your entries in to win some DELICIOUS Magnolia Kandy!!!

11 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

i love all of the distressing! Great job! Off to play with your magnolia challenge now! :)

Anna said...

WOW !! Love the distressed look of this cute card ... very piratey :o)

MichelleO said...

Well yo ho ho! This is really cute! Love all the distressing and he is one cute pirate... ok, not Johnny Depp but still cute!
HUGS
MichelleO

Becca said...

Absolutely love this guy. I can't wait to get my hands on my order. Your card brings the little Pirate to life.
Awesome.

Tina said...

Kimmie this is just adorable, i love what you did with the DCWV paper, this is going to truely make one little pirate pirate say Ahoy There..... Big Big Crafty Hugs Tina xxx

craft mad Jenny said...

wow, this is such a great card - love it!

Cynde said...

Really a cute Pirate card. I love all the extra touches. Crumpled paper all distressed and the linen string really ads also. Lovely coloring and put together just stunning!
Also Congratulations! just read Katharinas blog! How exciting for you.

Soguesswhat11 said...

super cute - I half expected to see a treasure map printed on that crumpled piece, it looks to aged! Love it!!!!

Rach said...

Fantastic Kimmie,
love this pirate image, he is adorable. I think it's great how you have decorated the inside of your card. hugs rach.xx

Heidi said...

Kimmie- he is an adorable little guy isn't he?Heidi

Erika H. said...

Kimmie, this is SO wonderful. I love the warm, rich colors...the distressing, the image...cu-ute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...