Monday, January 12, 2009
So Tara and I decided to kick things into high gear this year with our friendly challenges! This time I picked out some coordinating patterned papers and mailed them to Tara, while she stamped up a few copies of a particular image and mailed them to me. The thing was, neither of us knew what the other one was sending!!! So I could have ended up putting a rather feminine looking dude image on my pink and purples flowery papers!! That would not have been good....but therein lies the challenge!! Haha!
Instead I got this adorable Sarah Kay image which went perfectly with the Three Bugs in a Rug dp that I picked out!!! I used Orchid Opulence for the square card base along with some rosey Bazzill Bling...which I love because it's so shiny and glittery! I used my Threading Water scalloped border punch on some green BBling cardstock and placed it across the middle and added some sheer polka dotty ribbon. I used my Copics on the image and cut and embossed it with my Curved Rectangles Nesties and pop dotted it. I attached some lovely matchy matchy Prima hydrangeas with Basic Grey brads and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things!
What a fabulous challenge! Now go and check out Tara's blog, Inking on the Edge to see her amazing creation!!!
I've got the day off today, so I'm going to feed my stamping addiction and try to get some challenges done! What are YOU gonna do??
- Kraftin' Kimmie
- I have been stamping and papercrafting for about 8 years! I am married to a wonderfully supportive guy, Al and we have a gorgeous daughter, Emileigh who is the light of our lives! It has always been my dream to own my own stamp company and now that dream is becoming a reality thanks to many friends and my family!
Kimmie's Krafty Girls!!
Teams I Design For:
I've Been Published!!!
Authors I love!!
Text and pictures © Kim Reid; All rights reserved. The content in this blog
may not be copied or used without written permission from myself. All photos are
for personal use only and may not be copied for submission to contests,
magazines, or any other use. All posts are my personal thoughts or words, or the
personal thoughts and words of my readers and may not be reproduced without
permission. Thanks in advance for your respect. :)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (118)
- Bloom Where You Are Planted!!!
- Will a Cookie Help?
- Warm and Cozy!!
- Brads Galore!!!
- A Shimmerz Tutorial!!!
- Whiff of Joy Party Mouse!!
- Is there anything better than a Stampin' Friend???...
- High Hopes Challenge #15 - Hearts!!!
- ATS Challenge #33 - Faux Stitching!!
- My Heart's a Flutter!!
- I'm Totally Diggin' You!!
- Another MFT Blog Hop!!!
- I Love You, Tilda!
- Birds of a Feather!
- High Hopes Challenge #14!!
- Happy Birthday Donkey....and a Party Announcement!...
- Thanks a Latte!!!
- I'm Maid for You.....and an Accident Report...
- Double Pocket Bag Challenge!
- Owl Always Love You!
- Kim and Tara Challenge.....#4!!!
- Whiff of Joy Exciting News!!
- High Hopes Challenge #13!
- You Make My Heart Hop!!
- Happy Birthday....Ya Old Goat!!!
- Lizze Anne Designs Release Party....Tonight!!!
- Just Plane Fun!!
- MFT January Release and Blog Hop!!!!
- Welcome Home!!
- January MFTeaser!!!
- HH Challenge #12!!!
- Kisses and Hugs!!
- New Whiff of Joys!!!!
- Snow Friends!!
- LAD Warm Wishes Project!!
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2008 (388)