Summer Treats and Giggles!!


One of the best things about summer, is all the ice cream treats!! Don't you think so? My favourite is an ice cream sandwich. What's yours??? One of the cute new images from the Magnolia Summer Kit has Tilda with a yummy popsicle, so I decided to ink her up this weekend.

I stamped her on the CCDesigns Copic Paper which is SO white and super thick and it really works perfectly with my Copic markers. I paired her up with some new Doodlebug papers and I think the colours are perfect for a summery card. The Copic markers I used are: E00, R20, E40, E41, E42, E43, YR20, B52, YG11 and RV11.

The card base is a 6x6 square in Kraft cardstock and I used light blue and mauvey pink Bazzill cardstocks for matting. The layout is from this week's Friday Sketchers challenge and worked perfectly for this image and the papers. I attached some Prima hydrangeas with Basic Grey brads, added some celery twill at the bottom, pop dotted everything and added a Tim Holtz ticket in the corner. I finished it off by adding some sparkle to the ice cream treat using my Stardust Sakura gel pen.



Well, I'm off to work all day today, so no stamping fun for me. Boo. But then I have Wednesday off...yaaaaaay! And be sure to come back on Wednesday because I'll have a CCDesigns sneak peek of some of the new August release stamps!!!

4 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

She's adorable! Fabulous card Kimmie!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kimmie,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sonia said...

Love the image, hope one day i have that stamp.
Fabulous card! :)

**Sony**

dolcreations said...

This card is adorable. I just love the layout and paper! I just received my summer Kit a couple of weeks ago and was pleased when I saw this image! Great card Kim!
My favourite treat in the summer is fresh strawberries with icecream!
Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...