Jen's Sketch For You To Try!



Yes, I am a week behind but so what?? What's your point??? Hehe. It's the story of my life. When I'm working at my craft table I always have my computer running with several windows open at the same time. Each window will have different challenges on it and when I'm creating, I'll often find a challenge that I want to do or that fits in with one of the DT items I am making at the time. This week I had Jen del Muro's sketch challenge open and I used it while playing with a new Magnolia stamp!

Edwin is a cute little sailor in this image and his hands are made so that you can fit the little board in them with a saying stamped on it if you like! I stamped Edwin on Wausau bright white cardstock and coloured him in using my Copic markers. I stamped the board and sentiment on a piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock and cut both images out. I used my handy dandy new Fiskars fingertip cutting tool to carefully cut around Edwin's hands and slipped the board underneath them. I stamped the sentiment by My Favorite Things from the Can Ya Dig It? set on the sign. The cardstock and all patterned papers were sent to me in a DT package by Magnolia. I used my Nestabilities to make the half circles, added some ribbon and Basic Grey brads, pop dotted Mr. Edwin and sparkled up his wings with Stardust Stickles. Then I added some highlights on his cheeks and shoes using some white acrylic paint.



Well, today I am off to work from 9-5pm. Boo-stinkin'-hoo!! I hate working Saturdays. Oh well. Hope you have a more enjoyable day than I will!!!

9 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Absolutely fabulous Kimmie!!
Great colours and details!

you got your package!!! yeaaaahhhh...
iam so happy for you!
Big hugs my friend
Claudia

MichelleO said...

Wonderful! Love the bold colors of the red, white and blue. The little Edwin sailor is just adorable, and you are going to get addicted to that Fiskars craft knife. It is my FAVORITE tool!
Love the card!
HUGS
MichelleO

Ila said...

Super Cute and Gorgeous!! I love how you used and colored this sign and sailor...and your colors and layout are wonderful.
Okay...now I am going to be looking for that fiskars fingertip cutting tool.....lol.

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Beautiful colors,a great card,love the new stamps from magnolia

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Kimmie, I love the new Edwin and you have coloured him so well. Great colour theme.
Carole ;D

Anonymous said...

Ow Kim this is such a fab idea!!! I really like how this turned out because I thought hmm what shall I put in Edwin's hands;-) Thanks for sharing and have fun with your new stamps,

xx Inge

Unknown said...

hey kimmie, fine you´ve got your package ... and made a wonderful card with it!!! great idea to put the label in edwin´s hands ... i like it!!!
big hugs, bea

Tara said...

Hi Kimmie! I've been checking out your blog for a while now, your cards are a real inspiration. This Edwin card is no exception, gorgeous! xx

Diane said...

Another cute image!!! What a darling card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...