Buds and Blossoms....and a Birdie!!



It's been quite a while since I've had the chance to join in with the sketch challenges over on SCS,but I got to play this week with SC185. I eeked out this card one morning before I headed in to work.

I love nice and simple sketches and this one was perfect!!! I pulled out my Buds and Blossoms DCWV stack because I just LOVE the nice bright colours in it! I used all Magnolia images in this card and stamped the bench first and then the adorable little birdie on the post. Can I just tell you how much I LOOOOOVE these birdies!? I've been itchin' to get my hands on them for SO long and they finally arrived at The Town Scrapper!! I got them along with several other stamps including the bench!! I drew the grass line beneath the bench by hand and stamped Tilda separately. (Uh, I guess it's obvious how much I am enjoying this particular Tilda as I have used her a couple of times lately....are ya sick of her yet??) I coloured everything with Copic markers, as per usual and cute Tilda out and layered her on top of the main image. I used some retired Bliss Blue cardstock for the base and then So Saffron and Pink Passion for matting. I pop dotted between the pink and the saffron and threaded some lovely striped ribbon that my CCDesigns Secret Sister sent to me.....I love it!! Then I added some Prima hydrangeas with glitter brads, some Stardust Stickles to her wings and some white highlights on Tilda and her bluebird!



Well, it's supposed to be yucky and rainy today which is fine by me, because I have LOTS of stampin' to do!! I hope you can get inky today too and don't forget to enter my challenge for some Magnolia Blog Candy!!!!

11 comments:

Nicole Bailey said...

Love your card-you cut out Tilda perfectly...I gotta work on that. :O)
TFS.

Kelly Schelske said...

Looks great, love the paper and that lil birdie is my fav:-)

Christina Fischer said...

Oh Kimmie, this is SO darn cute! It's just such a happy card! :)

Becca said...

This is adorable Kim. I love the Tilda, colours and sketch.

kes said...

wow fab colouring with copics (jealous as I cannot afford them lol)
there is something for you on my blog......
kes
x

Tina said...

Hey Kimmie, no we are not sick of her yet, she is such a cutie, Your card is so adorable, i love the colours you used, you put colours together so beautifully, another stunning creation Kimmie.....
Big Crafty Hugs Tina xxx

P.S Kimmie thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog, i really do appreciate it, it is so nice to know you love your baby how we love ours.....

Jennifer Love said...

Wow! This is so cute! I love it.

retiredheather said...

This is the cutiest card. I`m with you those birds are sweet. I love your paper. Just perfect for the card.

Diane said...

She is so lovable!! Love your card Kimmie!

Kathy said...

Such a pretty card!! Love the colors and as always your coloring is fantastic!! Love the little bird :)Kathy

Maria said...

Adorable card and amazing colouring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...